OFNA Hyper 7 Pro RtR with .25or.26 eng??

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SunnyD

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
The guys @ my LHS have been telling me about a OFNA Hyper 7 Pro RtR with .25 or.26 eng?? and yes it is a Pro. Apparently it has a Turbo engine! rated @ 2.7 hp lol i think hes full S$#! but anyhow they claim this kit is coming in from japan, anyone ever hear of such an OFNA kit or this guy on crack. He said it came with a radio but maybe he was mistaken, could there bit a kit like this in japan with the engine but no radio? sorry for the long post but they have me very confused. its suppose to arrive in the next wk. or 2.

Sry for the Dumb post. lol
Any Feedback is appreciated

Thx in advance

p.s. its not the pcr series, that i know

Last edited:
any insite on this is appreciated.. pls HELP !

a .26 engine with a turbo plug is probably capable of producing something near the HP you mentioned. It's not unreasonable. IMO turbo plugs aren't worth the trouble. Also I don't see what the point is of a .26 engine: 1) you can't race it because it's too big and 2) good .21 engines produce more power anyway.

I don't know anything about the buggy you spoke of though.

My concern is more for the buggy then the engine but yes I would like .21 hyper 8 port instead (hauls Ass!), he also claimed it had a radio (think hes mistaken) but even if it did have a .26 Turbo @ the same price as a regular OFNA Pro without anything, i can take that .26 and toss it in my MGT and pick up a hyper 21 8 port for cheap for the Buggy. in some way i kinda hope it does have a .26 mill LOL always toss the 2.7hp T. into my SaVaGe and the sav.25 into my MGT. hmm . thx for your feedback, just wanted to know if this kit (package existed) it is from japan cause it doesn't sound right to me.. rtr hyper Pro?

Last edited:
Good.21's make more power?? Which mill's are you referring too? The wasp and the sirio .27 make more hp than most "good" .21's. You dont see the point of bigger mills? Ya, I understand more displacement doesn't account for sh*t right?

guess i can't go wrong either way . PRO kit wilth a Mill .25 or .26 Turbo, think he mentioned its a 5 port or maybe it comes with the .21 8 port , just hope this kit exists and that he gets it in some time soon ! it will be the price of a PRO kit but with a mill.. i want a buggy alrdy ! this will be my 1st buggy and i alrdy have plans for a picco in my MGT or Savage. i plan on swapping the motors from ride to ride. Would prefer a Hyper .21 so i could have the option to race but if its a big mill .25 or .26 i may do without the picco and just pickup a hyper .21 off ebay :)
gonna have to wait and see. damn waiting game

Last edited:
Originally posted by flash183
a .26 engine with a turbo plug is probably capable of producing something near the HP you mentioned. It's not unreasonable. IMO turbo plugs aren't worth the trouble. Also I don't see what the point is of a .26 engine: 1) you can't race it because it's too big and 2) good .21 engines produce more power anyway.

I don't know anything about the buggy you spoke of though.
I'll pit my Sirio .27 Monster against Error's Sirio Kanai .21 edition any day of the week. Straight line the .21's dead. On a curvy track, if you can control the .27, which neither Error nor I was too capable of controling it, would blow away any .21 engine.

YES !!! Woot !!! just confirmed that there is a Limited Edition OFNA Hyper 7 PRO that comes with an Engine! no radio (hyper.21 8 port) i called a different hobby shop and asked them about this kit and they said "yes its a limited edition kit that u can't get anymore" its flying in a wk. from this friday from Japan. the guy @ the lhs that I'm getting it from only has 15 kits that are going out to good customers only. mines been reserved for months lol, i had my doubts but guess there coming through after all..
gonna be the same price or less then a PRO kit, i usually can talk him down a bit since he knows i go there for my parts..
can't wait ! any tips or things i should know about when building the PRO kit? or weak points that i should maybe fix or upgrade b4 i build it?

Thx in Advance

Last edited:
got locktie? well ur gonna need a whole bunch well not really but enough. and CA glue.