Ofna/Hobao Hyper 7 Dogbones/Swing Shaft

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

artuan00

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Hey all.

We recently got a Hyper 7 into the shop for a repair when we noticed one of the dogbones had no pin one end. (From Centre Diff to Front Diff)

After ordering what I believed to be the correct item from HoBao it appears the new one is slightly too long, about 5mm or so.

Part Numbers: (SHAFT, CENTER SWING, 2 PC)
Ofna: 19067
Hobao: 87067

Does anyone know of a variant model that uses slightly longer shafts?

Also, the buggy seems to have a double front brake and a single rear brake, is it possible this is the cause? as the exploded views I've got of the TQ and TQ black are all single front single back, as are most of my vehicles.

Your help is much appreciated!

Does it have a standard center diff or a spider diff?

Edit: I did some searching for specs on the PCR pro, and in that version the center diff was moved forward slightly in the chassis, which would help explain why the cvd you have is too long.

Last edited:
The Spider diffs were a tiny bit shorter than the normal diffs. That "Might" account for a longer shaft but I am not sure if by 5mm or not...maybe. The Hyper I had also had 4 disc as well. Strange. From what I see the short according to the first part number you gave....the shaft in front should be 93mm and the long should be 104mm. If you can't find one that was th correct length there is always part #[SIZE=-1]36100. That shaft is 90mm but should still work.
[/SIZE]

Its just a standard diff in the centre..

How does the measurement of dog bones work? From centre of pin to centre of the other pin? or From very top to very bottom?

I';ve managed to get one in there.. But its pretty tight.. theres no back and forth play like there is with the others..

Now this PCR version.. would there be any other visual differences that could lead me to define which version this buggy is?

Back