Ofna Blazer

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
.21Rc10GT said:
I'm gonna get a new radio for this thing... I'm thinking the JR XS3... Its synthesized, and its FM... Its also cheaper than the pro...

You just bought a XS3 Pro a couple of months ago....just get another reciever RS300 or RS310 and You'll be good to go.

Mr T

I want two remotes... eventually three. I want to be able to have friends drive while i do... I would just get a reciever, but i want another controller too...

Alright... I have updated pics... Check it out... Its a whole new car! I have some new tires and rims on the way... I also am going to have ImBroken paint a body for me. I think this thing looks a lot better with the clean up and the addition of some new parts... Lemme know what ya think... :hehe:

2.gif

1.jpg

That looks like a new truck!!!!!! Did you hand polish everything?

I used Simple Green and hot water to wash all the plastic, then coated the plastic in WD-40. Wiped off the parts after about 20 minutes, and bam, brand new looking parts. For the shocks, they just needed to be wiped off, the o-rings are good, no leaks. For the engine, i used Trinity Nitro Blast to take off all the dirt and sludge (used about 1.5 cans of it to make sure all of the metal shavings were gone). The exhaust and the cooling head are new. And the fuel tank and fuel lines are new. I sealed the carb and backplate with high-temp silicone. I need a new head shim for the new cooling head, because the old one wouldnt come off the old cooling head. The air filter is also new... I didnt wanna skimp out there... I live where there is super fine dust in the summer, so i wanted a good filter. Put new brake discs on there, and scuffed up the shoes... To top it off, i gotta get a new body for it... I'm looking forward to that... I gotta send one off to ImBroken... All i need is a couple servos (ill order em tomorrow) and it'll be set to break in.

I have a question. I have a starter box that came with this. Its a Duratrax 12v box. There isnt and looks like there wasn't ever a battery in it, just two battery clips (like on a 1:1 scale charger). What kind of battery can i use for it... Would a regular car battery work (since they are 12v)???

Pic with its new tires on... The servos are on the way!!!

Blazer09-05.jpg

nice job man.....as far as the starter box question , yes u can use a 1:1 car battery...alot of guys use em cause they last WAY longer thena gel cell does......or get a 12VDC power supply and hook it up

your brother (or whoever give it to you) is gonna be so jelous.. it looks brand new.. if i didnt know i would never beleive they are the same trucks..

I know man... My brother wont even know that this was the piece of crap he gave me... My parents were shocked to see it transform so much... Looked like an absolute piece of crap to a nice truck... now i need a body!!!

Probably so Plaid... I have a new Chevy C-10 truck body on the way, I'm gonna send it off to ImBroken and hes gonna lay down some paint. I still wanna use that rubbermaid lid once or twice...

OH alright....I want to run that for my first MT race......nobody could see what my truggy was the last night at the track and I want to kep it that way until someone asks me what it is....I was playing like a peepee when anyone came near my table I covered it up....but I'm hoping that lid will help keep it in the air longer like a parachute

hey I can dream can't I

Plaidfish said:
I'm hoping that lid will help keep it in the air longer like a parachute

hey I can dream can't I

Yeah, I'm sure it will keep it in the air longer... It is like a plane wing...

.21Rc10GT said:

Are those shock mounts on the arms stock or something you made?

BTW, sweet cleanup job! I'm tempted to ship my savage to you for a cleaning!!! but I don't think I'd get it back. :shrug:

The mounts on the arms are stock i guess... they were there when i got it... I should start an rc clean up and repair business...

Ok. I need some help deciding on a new engine for this beast. I dont wanna try this engine. It is brand new, and thats the way i will get the most money for it, and this is an older engine, so i wanna just go with a high-horsepower big block. I'm not fond of bump start either. Its just not my style... My budget is right around $250, so i know that gives me lots of options, i just wanna get your opinions. Lemme know what you guys think!

Well for that range you can pick and choose alot!! I would go with something larger than a .21 since you need to push around MT tires. Look at the Novarossi .28 3 port, it is a BEAST. Corradopsi has one in his Hyper 7 truggy and that thing is insane. TONS of power down low and more than enough on the top end. Mugen is selling them for $180. What about the Collari .32? How did you like the Collari? The new Pico .27? 8 port is a nice mill, but thats only from what I have read.

If it were me, do the Novarossi .28. That will be my next mill for my truggy.

The NovaRossi sounds awesome. I havent gotten an exhaust for my GT yet, so i havent gotten a chance to fire up my .32... Ill look into the Nova .28.