O.S. LC4 or Dynamite R5

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exc3l

RCTalk Racer
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I have a big red 0.28 and I am struggling to decide between a glow plug. I have an OS 8 and its a short reach when the engine needs a long reach plug. I didnt even check and I bought 3. Right now I have to decide between LC4 or the dynamite reccomended plug. What would you guys pick. LC4 is close to 5 dollars more. Thanks guys

OS is the Rolls-Royce of glow plugs. The Dynamite plugs will work great, but my money would be on the OS plugs lasting longer and tuning better. They seem to stay lit even when the mixture is a little too rich compared to plugs that stall out.

OS is the Rolls-Royce of glow plugs. The Dynamite plugs will work great, but my money would be on the OS plugs lasting longer and tuning better. They seem to stay lit even when the mixture is a little too rich compared to plugs that stall out.
Appreciate it. I was going to go for the OS but just wanted to listen to what people gotta say.

Just a question, when I was using the short reach plug, would that lead to any temp issues or was that my garbage tuning skills? Also I couldnt really lean it out much. Would that have to do with the plug?

Appreciate it. I was going to go for the OS but just wanted to listen to what people gotta say.

Just a question, when I was using the short reach plug, would that lead to any temp issues or was that my garbage tuning skills? Also I couldnt really lean it out much. Would that have to do with the plug?

It would have a similar effect to adding head shim, slightly lowering the compression. This may be why you weren't able to lean it out.

It shouldn't cause overheat issues, but it may just lack power compared to what it can do with the correct plug. I've heard success stories of people running short plugs in long engines, it's the other way around that's a hard no-go as the piston can smack the coil.