Novak help needed.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

darkslayor24

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
I have a novak Havoc pro. And i had it powered on today after installing in my truck, the power was on but at idle for about 10 minutes as i was adjusting toe and wanted the wheels held center. the esc heated up to 120 degrees, just from sitting idle. it didnt heat up last week in a different truck. I'm just worried that once i start running it is going to overheat. maybe my settings are off? i do not have a cooling fan installed, but i raced it all last year without a problem. should i be good to go? change some settings? or what?

+/- battery to esc connection right? Hmmm, Cooling fans arent really that important on some models, I never had to run one on my CC SCT but I'm not sure that is really wierd, I would run through your settings again and make sure all is tip top.

That's a lot of heat for not doing anything. Something is up there for sure. You got everything wired correctly?