FCX 24 steering issue

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mrgoodwrench35

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Crawling
I have a fairly new FCX24 power wagon. Recently I developed a weird steering issue and wanted help to isolate the cause.

I start running the truck, and after a few minutes, the steering 're zeros' itself so that center is now 30 degrees ish to the right. It's far enough off that the st. trim runs out of adjustment before it centers back up. If I turn the esc off and back on, it re centers in the correct position. This will happen. At least once or twice each pack.

I've tried multiple lipos, TX batteries, and re binding with trims centered.

Any ideas on the cause?

I have a fairly new FCX24 power wagon. Recently I developed a weird steering issue and wanted help to isolate the cause.
Got to agree with @Tunedpipe he said it . The factory stock servos are crap. And never really last long. And that goes for all scale RC's.

I also run the EMAXX mini servo in my 24. Especially if you plan on changing tires or adding weight down low.

The EMAX servos are pretty good. I've yet to replace one.

I should have a couple of those servos here today that I had ordered previously for another project.

I find it odd that cycling the power off to on makes the servo re-enter.

Thanks for the replies.

Yes, very heavy brass wheels. That didn't realy occur to me. Thanks Doom, makes sense now.

Last edited:
I installed a voltage display and watched it while I drove. At full turn and up hill under throttle load I saw the voltage drop and the steering issue occur. After installing one of the emaxx servos, no more issue.

Thanks again yall. Appreciate the assistance.

As others said it could be the servo is low end or has stripped out the gears.

Also check your servo arm to make sure it's not loose or stripped out. I've had that happen with my TRX-4. The older ones had plastic servo arms and stripping was a known issue.

As others said it could be the servo is low end or has stripped out the gears.

Also check your servo arm to make sure it's not loose or stripped out. I've had that happen with my TRX-4. The older ones had plastic servo arms and stripping was a known issue.
I got it resolved but thank you. It was the servo. I replaced the factory wheels with much heavier brass beadlocks and better tires which caused the issue as others pointed out. I think thats the first time I've experienced a 'brown out' in all the years I've been playing with this stuff and didn't realize what was happening. Thanks again for the help.