not all microwarbirds are the same...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Edfrombama

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
Good morning to all-
Of course, this is obvious on the face of it, but to be honest, it is very hard to tell which of the little rc planes fly and handle better until they've been put up in the air a few times.
So far, I can say without doubt that the T-28 Trojan and the Japanese Zero are the best fliers of the bunch. some of the little taildraggers are very quirky and difficult when trying to land.
Another thing I've found- these little warbirds are not built for long-term flying use. After a few dozen flights, the little motors start to get weak, and before long, they reach a point where they are too weak to keep the plane in the air. Motors can be swapped for new ones, but that is pretty difficult because the motors are very hard to access for removal and exchange.

But, the T-28 and Zero- I can place them on the pavement, start up the motors, and using just the rudder, taxi them to the proper take off spot. Then with a little right rudder to counteract the prop, I can take off, fly around, do some flips, rolls, wing overs and such and then fly back and ease the little planes back onto the pavement.

Most satisfying, I assure you.

you all be safe and keep well- Ed

Good morning to all-
Of course, this is obvious on the face of it, but to be honest, it is very hard to tell which of the little rc planes fly and handle better until they've been put up in the air a few times.
So far, I can say without doubt that the T-28 Trojan and the Japanese Zero are the best fliers of the bunch. some of the little taildraggers are very quirky and difficult when trying to land.
Another thing I've found- these little warbirds are not built for long-term flying use. After a few dozen flights, the little motors start to get weak, and before long, they reach a point where they are too weak to keep the plane in the air. Motors can be swapped for new ones, but that is pretty difficult because the motors are very hard to access for removal and exchange.

But, the T-28 and Zero- I can place them on the pavement, start up the motors, and using just the rudder, taxi them to the proper take off spot. Then with a little right rudder to counteract the prop, I can take off, fly around, do some flips, rolls, wing overs and such and then fly back and ease the little planes back onto the pavement.

Most satisfying, I assure you.

I am huge into planes and had a fair amount mostly sail planes before the fire I love war planes and have looked at the warbirds many many times any suggestions on a good starter

Good morning to all-
In my limited experience and according to most things I've read and seen online, the T-28- regardless of the size and power of the plane- seem to be very highly regarded. I know that the little bitty microwarbird version of the T-28 is my favorite. flies, great, handles well at low speed, and even is interesting at aerobatic things.
If I could only have one rc plane, it would be a T-28.