Nor*Cal BASH!!! 10/11/08

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

h8z2luze

RCTalk VIP
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
We got together again. Me heartbreak smokedogg and another guy. It was awesome! We had a lot of rc's out there. Here is the pics...

SANY3987Small.jpg

SANY3988Small.jpg

SANY4003Small.jpg

SANY4009Small.jpg

SANY4010Small.jpg

SANY4012Small.jpg

SANY4027Small.jpg

SANY4029Small.jpg

SANY4034Small.jpg

SANY4035Small.jpg

SANY4039Small.jpg

SANY3976Small.jpg

SANY3962Small.jpg

SANY4041Small.jpg

SANY4045Small.jpg

SANY4053Small-1.jpg

SANY4056Small-1.jpg

SANY4057Small-1.jpg

SANY4058Small-1.jpg

I will add some videos later. Thanks for the grat day guys. Had a blast!

Looks like a blast. I feel bad for that 5b when it hits the ground.

The baja actually held up good. I'm amazed the wood screw held as good as it did.

I can't wait to see the vids. I wonder if there's any of my savages' backflips, or the mbx5 hangtime.

So which RC's actually made it with no damage whatsoever? LOL. Jk. Looks great. Gotta let me know if you're in the area :D.

I think one tmaxx and one revo made it. The MBX5, uhhh I think thats it. No I lie the MBX5 Busted a sidewall.

The baja actually held up good. I'm amazed the wood screw held as good as it did.

I can't wait to see the vids. I wonder if there's any of my savages' backflips, or the mbx5 hangtime.

I dont think i did get any lol I was always running the same time you were and my cousin is a poopy camera man.

So whats your guys' damage list?

Mine:

Shredded savage spur
Lost the pin to the front outdrive on the savage and ran with RWD the rest of the day...
Lost e clips on the rear a arms of the RC10GT
Stripped servo saver on the RC10GT
And clearly a destroyed body...

The esavage was already broke so can't count that lol.

Last edited:
Well here is a couple vids.

smokedogg's Baja gettin warmed up, breakin a upper arm lol.

BASHIN!!!

Smokedogg's Revo and his friends LST

HaHa Drivin the e-savage with only front wheel drive...

Last edited by a moderator:
Who's place did you go bashing at? wish I could have been there, looks like you had a hell of a time...

Who's place did you go bashing at? wish I could have been there, looks like you had a hell of a time...

Smokedogg's in Red Bluff again. Your welcome anytime man I just didn't think you wanted to make that trip.

It was a helluva good time. Thanks for lettin us come to bash with ya, Smokedogg.

My damage list is:
Savage spur gear (I swear, h8z2luze and I break something identical each time), and lost a couple screws
Savage body; busted the rear end off
MBX5; I blew out a sidewall on a tire. It's 7 years old, so no complaints
Numerous body clips lost
GT: fuel tank wasn't allowing proper fuel flow, and a dogbone popped out (dunno why)

Overall, it was a great time. It was the first time I landed a backflip with the savage. And the air from the MBX... I thought I was gonna hit a tree.

I do have to get some more fuel tho, I'm down to about 1 tank's worth.

heck yeah brandon that looks like a good time, nice day for it too huh? the esavage is fast in reverse lol.

heck yeah brandon that looks like a good time, nice day for it too huh? the esavage is fast in reverse lol.

lol it's even faster when its not broke. I do reverse wheelies all the time lol.

Anyone that wants to make the trip is welcome. I imagine we will gtg again in a week or so. PG&E is done with the gas main where I am building the 1 acre track so I hope to start on that soon. Just moved into the new house last week so we had to break in the back yard. LOL

Baja lost a left front a arm that I fixed with a drywall screw. YAY. LOL I lost it in the first video on the roll over. Though the baja held together well from about 5ft in the air. :) I am amazed at how tough it is! Just need a wider jump to avoid the barrel rolls!

Revo lost a turnbuckle during a crazy donut that included a flip or two!

LST2 lost a rear a-arm after a back flip! I was trying to break something since it is virtually brand new and never breaks when we bash.

X1-CRT - Rear dog bone, chassis brace, and slight tweak to the chassis.

T-Maxx survived the whole day

Slayer didn't get to play as throttle servo went out the night before. I'll get some pics up later.

Great pics and vids Brandon. Glad you all had a good time. The other basher with us was my Friend John.

I got my parts ordered for next time. hehe
Dan

Ya I am going to try to get all my stuff fixed by next weekend. Should be ok. I got the esavage fixed already and Plan on getting parts for the other 2 soon.

And aside from needing a spur for the savage (ordering one on tuesday), I'm ready to go. Just need to get some more fuel. I might have to break out the electrics....

And aside from needing a spur for the savage (ordering one on tuesday), I'm ready to go. Just need to get some more fuel. I might have to break out the electrics....

Dont make me show you up with the e-savage lol.

I need to move closer to someone from here. As much fun as it is to run my rigs, it's got to be better to have others to run with.

A week ago I had my Slayer and Baja out with my dad and friend John. We were racing in a parking lot behind the local Raleys Grocery Store. We started at about 7:30pm and ran till about 11pm. We have been running there for a few months now.

For the first time the local P.D. found us while we were racing the Slayer, LST, and Sportwerks Buggy. They thought it was great and ended up helping us find the lost buggy with the use of their spot lights. LOL

A small group is always fun. I found a couple people with RC Cars while running in the parking lot! And a lot of people wanting to hawk their crap off.

I recently started running grape scented fuel so when they ask what they run on I can tell them "Grape Kool Aid". So far everyone buys into it or just thinks I'm on crack. LOL

Back