Noob Requesting Help on Breakage

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ridgehead44

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
The dog bone popped out after a bad landing with my TC Sketer. What's the easiest way to get it popped back in? Thanks in advance!

IMG_20231123_145729896.jpg

Remove the camber link from the hub so the hub can move freely, move the hub pointed down, put the dog bone pin back in the outdrive and line it all up, reinstall camber link into hub .
Thats what I do with my 10th scale race cars.
Now if its something like my Mini B, I do the same but I just remove the ball cups from the ball stud as they are easier to take off.

Last edited:
Your drive cup is wasted. The dogbone will keep popping out till you replace the drive cup.

With 6s trucks when the dog bone pops out it bends the opening of the drive cup. If the opening of the cup is round it may still have some life in it. If it's the least bit deformed my recommendation is to toss it.

When you get it fixed, it may be loose due to too much positive camber, making it pop out easier. One thing I will do is pop a small o-ring into the cup to take up any excessive play in the dogbone, and if it is a dual ended dogbone I will do this on the wheel end of the dogbone. You just have to move the arm up and down through its travel to make sure the dogbone always has a tad bit of play.

The wear on the drive cup appears to be a bit much to the outside edge of the cup which has me thinking you may not have enough plunge. I would explore your setup to see what you can do in get the plunge of the shaft set deeper into the cup... things like limiting droop, A/B block inserts and camber can effect your plunge.

I once had a truck that I needed to replace the shafts from another brand to extend the shafts by 5mm longer to get a proper plunge to prevent the shafts from popping out:
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/sho...1-CONVERSION-HongNor-Ravager-to-Monster-Truck

shaft on the left was too short and shaft on the right is 5mm longer:
1700794388981.png

1700794436117.png

When I crashed the hinge pin on the lower arm popped out slightly as well. I was able to fix this easily enough. I think (hope) it was the loosened arm that allowed the dogbone to come out, rather than damage to the cup. I'll inspect it closely and work on it this afternoon. Thanks again for the advice everyone!

Back