Noob questions on Traxxas nitro sport

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Enuahs

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
hey guys.

So I need to replace the shocks on the Duratrax Axis i am rebuilding and it hit me. Why buy shocks for the Axis when i can upgrade my Traxxas Nitro Sport and use the old stock shocks on the Axis. My plan is to upgrade the Sport to a Rustler over time as parts break and this counts in my book.

So first question what shocks should i buy? I was looking at the Traxxas Big Bore Shocks and was surprised at the wide range in pricing. Ideally i would like to buy them at my local hobby shop but i wanted to know what i am looking for first and whats a good price.

The second question is would i have to replace the towers? I don't see why i would but thought i would ask.

Thanks in advance.

I'm running the stock shocks from a Losi Ten SCT on my Rusty. They were a pretty easy swap, and they are ten times better than the stock ones. I would bend a shaft every time out with the stock shocks, I've had these for over a year, and have only broken one cap. You can get them for around $40 from the chop shops on ebay, you'll have to get a mount kit for them, I can't remember the part # right now but it's cheap. You can Google the conversion, and you'll find a few threads that have the numbers. If you want a direct swap, you can get the big bores from the chop shops on ebay as well (around the same price).

I really like Traxxas big bores, and I've also bought dynamite caps and shock bodies that were made for the Rustler and then just used Rustler TiNi shafts and the rest stock Rustler shock parts. Was cheaper than the big bores and still nice alluminum shocks. Losi Shocks Like schrode is talking about would probably be good too :)

OK thanks guys. I think I will go with the big bores. I was expecting much more input from the croud on this one :)

Back