[Noob question] Engine turns on but no more throttle response

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would take either the JR ST126MG or the HS-5645MG. If your just bashing no need to go all out. If your still running the stock steering servo it wouldnt be a bad idea to replace both with either one of these. JR ST126MG or the HS-5645MG are an upgrade over the stock steering and throttle servos. I would get the JR ST126MG over the Hitec.

Last edited:
I've had great service out of both ace 1903mg and associated 1903mg servos 20$ if ur just looking onethat will do the job ... I haven't used futaba metal gear but their plastic gear servo wont last but a few tanks like he said... though for the throttle the 20$ metal gear servos I mentioned have both outlasted the 20$ well I think the ace is 30$the but no bearings just metal gear .. I don't disagree with anything said but... just saying what's working for me.. people might say its not enough torque ...but they work fine on mine (it is a street car not off road but on a throttle I don't see the difference

I ran the HiTec HS-5645MG as both steering and a throttle servos on an X-Ray 1/8 scale buggy and had absolutely no problems.

I ended up buying the HS-5645MG. Will keep you updated on how it works out.
Thanks to everyone who helped me find the issue and buy the right part.

Good choice. can't go wrong with hitech at all. This servo should be plenty strong and fast enough for you.

Back