Noob help 120k RPM BLDC 4Kw

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wyattski

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Hi All,

I am new to BLDC and I think I'm at the right place. I am looking for a BLDC RC motor capable of 120k rpm (or more) and 4000 watts (about 5hp). I get Kv but I can't always find the voltage rating on the motors. Anyone that could suggest a motor capable of my specs please post! it would be much appreciated!

Thanks,

Wyatt

desired voltage.? Or what are you using as supply voltage?

I'm gue
desired voltage.? Or what are you using as supply voltage?
I'm guessing 48-50V? I mean, I don't really care. I would be using RC batteries and or building a capacitor bank. Have you ever heard of TP power motors?

thanks for your help!

48 to 50.. i think you better do some self education...heres a hint lipos are 4.2 volts fully charged some high voltage go up to 4.35 volts..
http://poseidonrc.com/brushless-motor.html
Thanks, you tell me what Volts! your link, those motors are good wattage, but I need to make at least 110k rpm max, and 90k-100k rpm sustained. If you have anything up your sleeve for that RPM range whilst keeping a decent amount of watts. Thanks Again!

I think your need of 100,000 rpm is a pipe dream. I don't think there is a rotating mass on earth that can hit 100k rpm. Maybe I am wrong but even a turbine doesn't run that level of rpm. Too much inertia, and things fly apart. As I am typing this I actually googled it and Dyson apparently has the worlds fastest motor at 104k rpm but it will not have the horsepower you need. That is why they make turbo's and superchargers. There is also electric unit's and maybe you should be looking into their mechanics if you want to build your own. Not trying to discourage you, just stating the facts.

I think your need of 100,000 rpm is a pipe dream. I don't think there is a rotating mass on earth that can hit 100k rpm. Maybe I am wrong but even a turbine doesn't run that level of rpm. Too much inertia, and things fly apart. As I am typing this I actually googled it and Dyson apparently has the worlds fastest motor at 104k rpm but it will not have the horsepower you need. That is why they make turbo's and superchargers. There is also electric unit's and maybe you should be looking into their mechanics if you want to build your own. Not trying to discourage you, just stating the facts.
Bro check this
https://www.rcplanet.com/castle-cre...gyY-nzppz5YfbcFGQFDa6otvxm1ipMfxoCM00QAvD_BwE
7700kV
4s battery=14.8v
That's 113,960 RPM... on 6s, that's 170,940 RPM.

It states right on the website that max is 100k rpm and you will never get that loaded. unloaded, possibly. but it likely won't last long.
ya but it would be mega epic while it lasted

Thanks for the help, I am gonna keep trying. let me know if you find any others. What do you guys think of these https://www.tppowerusa.com/index.php?route=product/category&path=20_135_162
I think you are going to run into issues when trying to drive a turbine with any small motor like you are looking at. The issue with electric turbo's is the same issue with making a perpetual motion machine. The loading that will occur with trying to compress air, yes it's only air, but our air weighs a lot, will draw such a large current. you will need the weight in batteries that will effectively negate any gains you make with the engine. Here are a couple links you can have a look at. Most electric turbo's do not reach anywhere near 100k rpm.

https://gfb.com.au/tech/tech-articles/electric-turbos-fact-or-fiction-2/

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/100..._f_group0&o_s_id=1082800308&afSmartRedirect=y

Notice the price of the electric turbo kit vs a real turbo? lol although I do believe this is the way you should be leaning, and you will have to take into account the pressures and air delivery for your 77cc engine and have a blow off valve and such. You are definitely about to go through a huge learning curve. I have turbo'ed a few engines in the past and each one has been an adventure in math.

T
I think you are going to run into issues when trying to drive a turbine with any small motor like you are looking at. The issue with electric turbo's is the same issue with making a perpetual motion machine. The loading that will occur with trying to compress air, yes it's only air, but our air weighs a lot, will draw such a large current. you will need the weight in batteries that will effectively negate any gains you make with the engine. Here are a couple links you can have a look at. Most electric turbo's do not reach anywhere near 100k rpm.

https://gfb.com.au/tech/tech-articles/electric-turbos-fact-or-fiction-2/

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/100..._f_group0&o_s_id=1082800308&afSmartRedirect=y

Notice the price of the electric turbo kit vs a real turbo? lol although I do believe this is the way you should be leaning, and you will have to take into account the pressures and air delivery for your 77cc engine and have a blow off valve and such. You are definitely about to go through a huge learning curve. I have turbo'ed a few engines in the past and each one has been an adventure in math.
That electric turbo kit is a joke, please watch this. That being said, it is possible, I have been playing with turbos my whole life. The problem is finding a turbo with trim that can make boost at low rpm. Watch Alex make an electric supercharger. I found a brand new Porsche GT2 2004-08 turbo for 17 beans that I am trying to make work, the compressor map shows it can start to make boost at 60K RPM. I just need to squeeze a little more out of it that's why I'm here. leave the turbo part to me, please. I just need a motor that can handle 110 Max RPM and 4000W. I think I will go with one of the tp power, unless you guys can suggest something else. Thanks for the help.

T

That electric turbo kit is a joke, please watch this. That being said, it is possible, I have been playing with turbos my whole life. The problem is finding a turbo with trim that can make boost at low rpm. Watch Alex make an electric supercharger. I found a brand new Porsche GT2 2004-08 turbo for 17 beans that I am trying to make work, the compressor map shows it can start to make boost at 60K RPM. I just need to squeeze a little more out of it that's why I'm here. leave the turbo part to me, please. I just need a motor that can handle 110 Max RPM and 4000W. I think I will go with one of the tp power, unless you guys can suggest something else. Thanks for the help.
Yeah, I have watched all those. I didn't want to outright say that an electric turbo was a useless waste of time though. LMAO As said, I have installed turbo's on cars. Example 2002 WS6 with 340 hp, installed two t3-t4 hybrids. (2 just for aesthetics) That now makes 550 hp and 500 ftlbs of torque. I am not new to the scene. But good luck in your endeavours.

my turbo on my 20 year old grand Vitara gives me boost from 1000 rpm to 4500 then the second turbo kicks in while 1st kinda phases out.thats why I love my beast with 350,000+ miles and endless tow outs.I'm not doing the math for anyone ita all you..the link I supplied has many motors that will handle voltage needed but in a engine compartment with all that heat most rc stuff ill fail.

Back