no power to wheels

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jonnybagstrx

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
on my stampede xl-5 the motor spins fine but the wheels dont turn they turn a little when you hold it off of the ground so i took apart the trannny no gears were stripped so then i took apart the diff and that looked fine too how can you tell if the diff had gone would there be stripped gears in side it

its definately not the slipper, i have the metal gears that are brushless ready it seems like the idle and diff arent meshing properly maybe they have sripped a bit but how can they if they're metal

Did you take it apart before this happened? Check and make sure the pins are behind your hexes on both sides. We had a guy bring his T-Maxx in because it wouldn't drive, he had lost the pins on the right side so the axles just spun in the wheels.

never took it apart before. axles are not spinning as i said before it seems like the diff gear and idler gear are not touching or they are touching but only slightly how could this be unless they are stripped but i can't tell if they are could it b e anything to do with the bearings

check your pinion gear and make sure the set screw is tight. sounds like its loosen up a bit and spinning on the motor shaft.

found the problem the the pin on the input shaft that holds the main gear has sheared off causing the main gear to spin on the shaft didn't notice it before thanks guys