No glowplug for awhile

• Thread starter Basher_around_town
  • Start date

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Basher_around_town

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
I'm a little concerned for my T-Maxx 3.3 since I haven't had a glowplug covering the top of the cooling head and just the air drying the fuel in the chamber. The reason why I'm asking this is that I am gonna repair my RC for the bashing season and I'm unclear if I have to replace the piston or the sleeve, the only thing I know is that I have to remove the shim since it's not sealing the block, it would be appreciated if you can help me out since I'm like 7 months of owning a nitro and I know a lot about nitro, but not everything.

Just take off the cooling head, only four bolts holding it, and clean the piston if there is any debris.
Try not to move the piston (spin the engine) before cleaning.

Good luck!

If the 3.3 has some use like half a gallon or more, or you got it used, check the piston skirts (at the bottom) for darker colored areas, and for connecting rod bushing play, as 3.3s are prone to early failure and these are the aigns.

Just take off the cooling head, only four bolts holding it, and clean the piston if there is any debris.
Try not to move the piston (spin the engine) before cleaning.

Good luck!
Okay, so you're telling me to not move the sleeve for the reason of the 4 ports to complete a cycle, and clean the piston for any dirt so it runs good, am I hearing this right?
If the 3.3 has some use like half a gallon or more, or you got it used, check the piston skirts (at the bottom) for darker colored areas, and for connecting rod bushing play, as 3.3s are prone to early failure and these are the aigns.
you want me to check the sleeve for the dark-colored areas to see if it's going to fail. I have been thinking of putting a Dynamite 19 match 2 for my t-Maxx but I'm just waiting for the engine to just completely die before I do so.

Okay, so you're telling me to not move the sleeve for the reason of the 4 ports to complete a cycle, and clean the piston for any dirt so it runs good, am I hearing this right?

you want me to check the sleeve for the dark-colored areas to see if it's going to fail. I have been thinking of putting a Dynamite 19 match 2 for my t-Maxx but I'm just waiting for the engine to just completely die before I do so.
I think he means keep the piston at the top, so no debris gets into the ports.

Send it til she throws that rod or siezes up once u have the budget for a new engine.( Don't listen to anything i say about 3.3s i hate them har har)