No Acceleration for my RC18FT, any Ideas?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

suppaduppa

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I have a RC18FT edition. When applying full throttle from a stand still, the diffs slips (I can hear it) and the car has slow or no acceleration. I've added extra shimms, and tightend the screws that holds it together beyond belief but nothing seems to help. This has been an issue since I've built the car. Any Ideas on a fix.

Thanks.

Did you build and tighten the diff properly?

From your description, it is slipping.

From what you have said, it is definitely a diff issue. First off, are you 100% sure you build the diffs correctly? The reason I ask, is because I have built them backwards on more than one occasion and it is a really easy thing to do. In fact I rebuilt my diffs not to long ago and built one them backwards.. it happens to the best of us.

If they are built correctly.. then like Rob said.. you definitely have a slipping issue. Let us know.

I'm going to pull the directions out tonight and rebuild them. I'll keep ya up dated, thanks robmob & godale03.

and tightend the screws that holds it together beyond belief but nothing seems to help.

when I built my first rc18 I thought I had the diff screws tightened about as tight as they could get. I figured since the outdrive was starting to cut my finger from holding it so tight that it was ok. It was not ok. It STILL wasn't tight enough. When you tighten down the diff screw with the diff out of the car put a small screwdriver (or anything sturdy enough) across the slots in an outdrive while you tighten the screw in the other. When I did this I couldn't believe how much more that screw could go.

when I built my first rc18 I thought I had the diff screws tightened about as tight as they could get. I figured since the outdrive was starting to cut my finger from holding it so tight that it was ok. It was not ok. It STILL wasn't tight enough. When you tighten down the diff screw with the diff out of the car put a small screwdriver (or anything sturdy enough) across the slots in an outdrive while you tighten the screw in the other. When I did this I couldn't believe how much more that screw could go.

I have almost cut my fingers as well! LOL The screwdriver or allen key does the trick. Good tip.

I rebuilt them and used a allen wrench for a brace when tight'n. That did the trick. This truck has been raised from the dead! Thanks for all the help Guys. :bow:

When you build a diff its best to compress the spring with pliers before installing it.
On my 18 I tighten the screw down till it bottoms out the spring and back it off 1/8th turn.

Back