NJ LHS and Track

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ericke1

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I recently bought a 9.5 violator and want to go to a local hobby store in NJ to have someone look at the engine settings before I start the car. Any good LHS any of you guys no about who will look at the car? OR track where someone will help out a newbie?

Anywhere in NJ is fine

Anywhere in NJ is fine, if i can drive 1 hr for food I can drive 1 hr for the hobby. I want some place where the guys are helpful, will take a look at the settings of my car, and help me start it without being greedy for money.

Rt 22 here I come-whats the name and address of the place?

Call Highway Hobby on Rt. 17 in Ramsey (maybe Mahwah) but I think it's over the line in Ramsey. It's right on the New York border by Suffern. (I used to live in that area) I haven't been in there in a while, but you might get someone in the know.
The local track is always the best place to get help or advice. People in the LHS are expecting to get paid for everything.

It would be alot easier if we knew where you lived. There are hobby stores every 15 miles in Jersey. Or, give us a mile marker on the parkway.

Where I live

I live in Weehawken NJ, which is right accross Manhattan on the NJ side of the hudson.

Looking for a LHS that is friendly, willing to help out, reasonable, somewhere you want to give your business to

Champion Hobby is in Hillside in RT 22. They are nice guys but tend to give you just a quick answer especially if there is more then 1-2 people in the shop. There are some really great guys at Hillside Hobby but they are ghetto as hell. Not thugish or anything just real real ghetto. lol Theres TechToyz in Parsippany on Rt 46. and also F&M Hobbies on RT10 in Dover.

I live in Elizabeth and am always in Jersey City (Newport area). Team17 and I are always looking for new bashing buddies. Between us we have 8 nitro R/C rides. We usually run at one of the lcoal parks every Sunday morning if you wanted to come by one day we'd be more than happy to give you a hand.

There's also G&S Hobbies in Old Bridge on RT.9

Re: Where I live

Originally posted by Ericke1
I live in Weehawken NJ, which is right accross Manhattan on the NJ side of the hudson.

Looking for a LHS that is friendly, willing to help out, reasonable, somewhere you want to give your business to

Drive time is barely a half hour to Hi-Way Hobby in Ramsey.
as far as the second part of your comment, wrong place.

Thanks

THanks everyone, I went to a hobby store in Tonnelle Avenue called America's Hobby Center. Guys were nice but they charged me 10 dollars to tune the car and start it.

Robriguez, I would love to bash with you guys, how do I contact you?

10 bucks is a very good deal for doing work on something that wasn't bought there. Most shops charge $25 and hour for work.

yeah all of the shops I mentioned have a $25 minimum fee to work on anyones ride that was not bought there. Usually if you buy fom them they will help you for free.

Ericke 1 you have a PM.

go to crispy critters in 157 union blvd they can tune your car the best over there it is very cool and they can tell you some tips if you need any

Damn.... talk about Necrophilia!!! This thread is 6 years old!

This is the second 6 year old thread that you've dragged up from the basement.
Search all you want, but threads this old are useless.
PLEASE look at the date before you add to it.

Back