Nitro Rustler w/Dynamite .19

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

towboss

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Last week I ordered a Dynamite .19 to try out in my Rustler. Came in today. Breaking it in tomorrow after I get an air filter from the LHS.

Anyone have any experience with Dynamite nitro's? Any feedback, positive or negative, is welcome.

Attachments

• WP_000112.jpg
    WP_000112.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 344
  • WP_000113.jpg
    WP_000113.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 355
For me, I never had good luck with the .19. I bought it as a replacement engine for the 2.5 in my tmaxx. I had so much trouble keeping a decent tune and the power was not nearly what I was expecting. I hope it works out well for you though.

I have about 2 gallons through mine, still runs like a champ. It was really easy to tune, it'll sit and idle all day,even when it was rich for break in. I don't like the Traxxas header on it, fuel gets all over and I can't get it to seal right. I need to keep trying other o-rings, I'm bound to find one that'll work. If not though, I guess I'll just RTV the hell out of it.

Only Dynamite engine I owned was the Mach 427 that came with the LST2. I'm still running that engine. Got some where between 8-9 gallon I think through it now. It holds a tune pretty decent. Its not an OS engine but for my OFNA 9.5 MBX it still runs like a champ :)

I had the .19T in a maxx. Was a great replacement for the 3.3 but on the 3rd gallon the rear bearing come apart and caused me to have to completely rebuild the engine and went ahead and put new carb body and seals as well. Sold it later and the guy that bought it is still running it now far as i know.

The main bearing is an issue and the fact it is a metal shielded bearing makes it worse, because if/when it lets go the metal shield will destroy the engine. That's what happened to mine with less then half a gallon. I would replace it to be on the safe side.

Well, I broke it in yesterday as per Dynamite's instructions. It was a little tough to keep running at first, but by the end of the break-in procedure it was running fine. Schrode, you're not lying about the idling, it idles great, and forever.

I'm pretty close to just RTV'ing the header myself, too.

So far, though, I'm pretty happy with it. It goes just as fast as the 2.5 that it replaced, but it seems to take a btad longer to get there. I was a little surprised by that, given that it's a bit bigger than a 2.5, but for $109, it was worth the money, in my opinion. I just hope it lasts a while. If it does, I'll probably put Dynamites in all my rigs.