Nitro rustler... Talk me out of it

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After thinking on it i am going to pass it up.. if i feel the need for a gas rc i will get a rovan buggy

Id much rather have your overdrive with a nice warmed over engine vs a rustler!

we got ice n snow i been snowed in
rc10gt is my vote. Not the gt2.

I like junk yard builds.

Can someone make me some popcorn 🍿 😃

Gas powered 1/5 gets my vote over a nitro 1/10. Five years ago I wouldn't have said that. But here and now, gas may be the better alternative to nitro. Electric is still numero uno with me. 1/5 gas, a maybe. I almost pushed the buy button on one years ago. May be time to reconsider. Exhaust noise was what tempered my decision first time.

Caleb, you looking at the Redcat MT or buggy? MT looks proportionally balanced. Buggy not so much so. Of the three (2 Red Cat and 1 Rovan) Rovan has a great price point. Parts availability then becomes a factor in selection.

Good luck. Cheers. 'AC'

Gas powered 1/5 gets my vote over a nitro 1/10. Five years ago I wouldn't have said that. But here and now, gas may be the better alternative to nitro. Electric is still numero uno with me. 1/5 gas, a maybe. I almost pushed the buy button on one years ago. May be time to reconsider. Exhaust noise was what tempered my decision first time.

Caleb, you looking at the Redcat MT or buggy? MT looks proportionally balanced. Buggy not so much so. Of the three (2 Red Cat and 1 Rovan) Rovan has a great price point. Parts availability then becomes a factor in selection.

Good luck. Cheers. 'AC'
Wait, I never thought about this, but with a gas RC, could you go to a gas station, fill up a fuel can, and then pour that into your RC? If so, I can see the appeal for gas, it's a lot more accesible, versus sourcing and buying Nitro online (I'm guessing the shipping money can be a bummer).

There's always slightly less powerful, quieter pipes. Interesting that the MT would be better balanced than the buggy, but I haven't even seen any pics of these rigs! The Rovan uses basically the same parts as it's HPI counterpart, which I can't remember the name of!