Nitro rustler... Talk me out of it

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Caleb90

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
So i just got back into rc's, my last truck was a duratrax overdrive. My new ones are electric and i love them, but i still kinda want a nitro.. thinking about a rustler as they are cheap and have been around for ever and there are tons of parts out there.. decisions

Well i didnt really exspect to be getting back into this as much as i am. I thought i would be good with one truck and a cheap charger... Ha

Just ran mine yesterday.

imho it is one of the best nitro cars around if you take everything into consideration.
Simple design makes it super easy to work on
Lots and lots of spare parts
Does not weigh much, so fuel consumption is quite low

I put a 3.3 in mine, its a wheelie monster.
Also, metal tuned pipe, waterproof receiver box, rustler 4x4 rear wheels, better air filter and all servos I replaced with a waterproof version, as I like to de-grease and hose down all my rc's for storage when winter starts. This annoys me a lot actually and I do this on all my other RC's as well. Why can't they just come stock with waterproof servos.

Attachments

• IMG_7132.JPG
    IMG_7132.JPG
    132.3 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_7133.JPG
    IMG_7133.JPG
    131.5 KB · Views: 37
Welcome, come on in!

Dont do it, it will offset the Universe. There I tried. 🤣

From parts view, the Rustler has oem and aftermarket parts support, and is a great truck.

I see no issues in this choice. Great truck.

just note that there is a difference in chassis and suspension replacement parts between nitro and electric rustler.

WARNING ⚠️ if you have a significant other they could tend to say you have a sickness if you let it go to far. I still haven’t figured out how far is to far. 🤦‍♂️
Try being single. Lmao. Need a bigger house already.

I'm here to help....Nitro causes uncontrollable flatulence, Incontinence, intermittent blindness and hair loss. It also requires special permits from the EPA for handling of hazardous materials. It's so much easier to stick with electric. Think of your health! :hehe::hehe::hehe:

I am a motor head at heart. Love me the smell of race fuel and castor oil. I have alot of other hobbies i need to fund aswell. Local shop said they can get one in for me, $319 bucks

So i just got back into rc's, my last truck was a duratrax overdrive. My new ones are electric and i love them, but i still kinda want a nitro.. thinking about a rustler as they are cheap and have been around for ever and there are tons of parts out there.. decisions
"Nitro Rustler...talk me out of it" You asked for it....
Don't get one, they're kinda expensive, they're noisy, messy, time consuming, old-people-anger-inducing (for them it's too loud), electric Rustlers are faster with better acceleration, the Nitro ones are heavier, you need to tune them, they're a bit of a pain, ect, ect.

But it's Nitro so it's cool and it's realistic...

GO FOR IT!!! I got an old one from like 20 years and it still works great!

"Nitro Rustler...talk me out of it" You asked for it....
Don't get one, they're kinda expensive, they're noisy, messy, time consuming, old-people-anger-inducing (for them it's too loud), electric Rustlers are faster with better acceleration, the Nitro ones are heavier, you need to tune them, they're a bit of a pain, ect, ect.

But it's Nitro so it's cool and it's realistic...

Nailed it!
All the reasons that make it great!

Lol thanks, and I don't have any Nitro experience...just YT videos! 🤣🤣 Even the pain-in-the-butt part?
If you take care of it, you'll have less work to do! ;) Also, it's faster than the XL-5 Rustler surprisingly.

Back