Nitro Rustler not starting

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boogyman1313

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
You all sick of me yet? LOL. Ok here we go i got this nitro rustler in a trade for a cell phone. Now i know nothing about this car or the brand i was told it needed the spur gear put on and its a go. So i put that on dumped some batteries in it and stuck the wand up the rear. The electric starter is spinning but nothing else. If i sit there and hold it for about 20 seconds you can here the engine turn over but slowly as if you were to pull start a lawn mower real slow. The engine seems to turn over fine by hand. Anyone have any input? Excuse the car she needs a good cleaning.
IMG_3917.jpg

IMG_3918.jpg

IMG_3920.jpg

IMG_3919.jpg

Nevermind think i figured it out i think it needs a new one way bearing

I was about to suggest that you remove the bearing and clean it with denatured alcohol. Do the same for the shaft it rides on.
Other than that, do NOT try to start it till you are thoroughly familiar with the controls of the radio and you KNOW that the throttle, brake and steering are all working perfectly. People that buy used and then start and run usually get less than a day before it's wrecked.

I'd take a good look over the car before attempting to drive. Check for any missing screws, loose parts, missing parts, any cracks or damage. It also needs a good clean, then, as rolex said, get used to the controls and then give it a go :)

thank you and i did look it over all the screws on the engine were loose the starter only had one screw in it so I'm tearing it all down checking everything and cleaning it so far nothing missing keeping fingers crossed
IMG_3934.jpg

IMG_3933.jpg

thank you and i did look it over all the screws on the engine were loose the starter only had one screw in it so I'm tearing it all down checking everything and cleaning it so far nothing missing keeping fingers crossed
IMG_3934.jpg

IMG_3933.jpg
Keep us updated :)