Nitro RC Wheel (F) wheel slippage on throttle

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HueyC

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

I have a nitro RC 1/10 scale Volcano S-30 that has been running great until recently took it out for a spin and doesn't sound pretty. I am not sure if it's the clutch or diff but strangely when I pull on the throttle, I can see the front wheel spin on pavement but the car is not moving. Almost like, the wheel is freewheeling on the pavement but the car is not accelerating or responding until couple sec later. Scratching my head on this one, has anybody experience this and also when I go mid-throttle I can really hear it not transitioning right... higher pitch sound, not from the ENGINE that I can tell.
Before I take the clutch bell apart, I want to get your opinion on whether diff or clutch. I did pickup the vehicle and rev it up and all four wheels do spin and respond to throttle.

Hey all,

I have a nitro RC 1/10 scale Volcano S-30 that has been running great until recently took it out for a spin and doesn't sound pretty. I am not sure if it's the clutch or diff but strangely when I pull on the throttle, I can see the front wheel spin on pavement but the car is not moving. Almost like, the wheel is freewheeling on the pavement but the car is not accelerating or responding until couple sec later. Scratching my head on this one, has anybody experience this and also when I go mid-throttle I can really hear it not transitioning right... higher pitch sound, not from the ENGINE that I can tell.
Before I take the clutch bell apart, I want to get your opinion on whether diff or clutch. I did pickup the vehicle and rev it up and all four wheels do spin and respond to throttle.

I don't have that car ,but always check the drive cup pins or set screws that go to the center axles & drive
axles that come off the diffs down to the wheel hubs ,the factory don't always get them tight ,an or they
loosen up!...:cool:

Sounds like something is slipping in the drive train if there's a delay. Check clutch/diffs.