Nitro rc car idle screw will not adjust

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coopercunningham75

RC Newbie
Reaction score
I am brand new to nitro Rc cars so forgive me if I don’t know what I’m talking about but on my trx2.5R I just replaced the idle screw and it will spin but won’t move or adjust the slide piece. I don’t know what is called but it’s the piece that should have the 1mm gap. Also the idle screw won’t come out when unscrewed. Thanks in Advance.

I am brand new to nitro Rc cars so forgive me if I don’t know what I’m talking about but on my trx2.5R I just replaced the idle screw and it will spin but won’t move or adjust the slide piece. I don’t know what is called but it’s the piece that should have the 1mm gap. Also the idle screw won’t come out when unscrewed. Thanks in Advance.

You may have to buy a new carb ,the carb housing threads maybe stripped were the screw wont adjust
or come out!
I am not familure with that carb ,so you should wait for someone else to respond that has experience
with it!..:cool:

You may have to buy a new carb ,the carb housing threads maybe stripped were the screw wont adjust
or come out!
I am not familure with that carb ,so you should wait for someone else to respond that has experience
Alright thanks very much hopefully I won’t have to buy a new carb but we’ll see lol

or come out!
Agreed. Housing sounds stripped.

So just the body, thanks I really appreciate the help!!

carb for the 2.5.. the setting should be .7-1.0. If screwed in to far could have crack the housing or stripped it...or it's out and the card slid isn't hitting the screw.. you can try to screw in and push on carb slide see if it grips slid again.. and moves the slid.. or adjust again before buying another one is it a new engine?

carb for the 2.5.. the setting should be .7-1.0. If screwed in to far could have crack the housing or stripped it...or it's out and the card slid isn't hitting the screw.. you can try to screw in and push on carb slide see if it grips slid again.. and moves the slid.. or adjust again before buying another one is it a new engine?
I bought the truck used a few months ago but I do know that the kid upgraded to that motor

Either way if the screw it just spinning and not adjusting the carb idol screw might be all the way out... if so try to push on the blue rubber seal. Where the throttle link attaches to... where the LSN is push that in as you try to screw in the idol screw it should catch the slide again..the screw might be off its threaded slot on carb slid....

I thought it was upgraded to the 2.5r from the 2.5 I thought there was a difference
I hate to tell you bud there's no difference..all the engines are the same. TrX. 2.5. 2.5R. 3.3. and the only difference is the gas porting in the crank shaft.. is bigger on the 2.5R and the 3.3.. and those two are exactly the same..... that's why when you search tunning a TRX2.5 up to the 3.3 ... you get the same tunning and starting guide.. SORRY BUD. 🙉🙈🙊
Alot of people due think it's a upgrade but it's not... all the engines are the same piston same crank same sleeve ports only difference is the gas port threw middle of crank shaft
I thought it was upgraded to the 2.5r from the 2.5 I thought there was a difference
Here's a video about the trx traxxas nitro 2.5 2.5R and the 3.3... please don't be mad at me after watching... I have them my self and I like them never had any issuse. Still have and run the original 2.5.. and just built a maxx 3.3 completely from the bare chassis up... so I'm not trying to be a traxxas hater I promise... look at my media pics..

Last edited:
I am not mad at you at all if anything I’m more appreciative I never would have known that so thanks That will honestly help me out a lot
Any time you need help or got a ? I've had the Tmaxx 2.5 threw 3.3.. so just post up any?? And we will help you best we can bud... we're you able to get your idle screw to catch the slide... I had that happen to me when I first started playing with nitro backed it out to far and went WTF.. look online and found that idea... if idle screw just spinning got to try and back it out all the way until almost out then push in the LSN arm towards carb and screw in the idle screw till it catches...👍🤞🤞
I am not mad at you at all if anything I’m more appreciative I never would have known that so thanks That will honestly help me out a lot
Glad I could help you out👍👍 and that you are more informed about you RC