Nitro Rc Buggy and Truggy Kits?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GMIKE420

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Which kit do you guys recommend? I've see XRAY, Mugen, TLR, TeamAssociated and Kyosho. Itll be bmy first expensive rig.

Welcome in @GMIKE420 . That would depend on what kind of rig you are interested in. There is several directions you can go with this.
On road, off road, monster truck, buggy, crawlers and so on.
I would find what interest's you and go from there. I'll warn you though, if you hang around these guys your interest is going to do nothing but expand... :D

A lot of guys here are very knowledgeable and enjoy offering and answering any questions.
I'm not a master at this but I play one on tv...;)

TLR and Team Associated probably have the most after market support but those are all really good brands. I've heard that Kyosho parts are harder than normal to find right now. Serpent is another good race quality brand you can look at also.

Welcome in @GMIKE420 . That would depend on what kind of rig you are interested in. There is several directions you can go with this.
On road, off road, monster truck, buggy, crawlers and so on.
I would find what interest's you and go from there. I'll warn you though, if you hang around these guys your interest is going to do nothing but expand... :D

A lot of guys here are very knowledgeable and enjoy offering and answering any questions.
I'm not a master at this but I play one on tv...;)
Ima do off road track racing and just general bashing. I plan on going with a 1/8 buggy.
TLR and Team Associated probably have the most after market support but those are all really good brands. I've heard that Kyosho parts are harder than normal to find right now. Serpent is another good race quality brand you can look at also.
Yeah HH said they have full support of TLR products. I did see plenty of AE parts as well. They have the Tekno one as well for 600. My local hobby shop has the TLR non X for 580$

Which kit do you guys recommend? I've see XRAY, Mugen, TLR, TeamAssociated and Kyosho. Itll be bmy first expensive rig.

can't go wrong with none of them ,the kits are race proven an come with the factory upgrades including
woven carbon fiber ,all of those kits that was mention ,they are all top of the line!...:thumbs-up:

Ima do off road track racing and just general bashing. I plan on going with a 1/8 buggy.

Yeah HH said they have full support of TLR products. I did see plenty of AE parts as well. They have the Tekno one as well for 600. My local hobby shop has the TLR non X for 580$
Tekno is another good brand.

There is also two new companies coming out with new racing platforms ,Mayako RC & Send-it RC ,with the new WRC platforms ,
They are high quality racing platforms ,but like any other ,they cost about $ 700 to $ 800 bucks just for the kit!

There is also two new companies coming out with new racing platforms ,Mayako RC & Send-it RC ,with the new WRC platforms ,
They are high quality racing platforms ,but like any other ,they cost about $ 700 to $ 800 bucks just for the kit!
I'm glad you shared this info Baker. I was unaware of these brands. I've scene some Send-It RC chassis but I figured it was just some company making hop ups. Their name sounds more appropriate for a basher company lol. Havent heard of Mayako RC at all. :)

Ahhhhh Good ol JQ!

That track is beautiful. I wish I had a track near me. The closest one is about 70 minutes away from me.
Ok bro out of these four which one do you guys think is the best kit. Team Associated RC8, TLR X Elite, Mugen Seiki MBX8, or the Tekno RC NB48? I Just want to make the first build and purchase worth it
Post automatically merged:

Thanks for the info bro. When are the coming out though? I want to start buying tomorrow

I forgot to add they have the JQ racing The Car available as well at $600.

Last edited:
Ok bro out of these four which one do you guys think is the best kit. Team Associated RC8, TLR X Elite, Mugen Seiki MBX8, or the Tekno RC NB48? I Just want to make the first build and purchase worth it

Thanks for the info bro. When are the coming out though? I want to start buying tomorrow

I forgot to add they have the JQ racing The Car available as well at $600.

Some have different front steering hub designs ,a C hub & a pillow ball hub ,so they will handle the track
different!
Mugen an I think Mayako uses the pillow ball style hubs!
But if you can get a Mayako for that descent price that has quality as the others ,then it is a no brainer
if you want to get started into some racing!

Here is Adam Drakes Mugen ,he no longer sponsors TLR or Losi!

For quality Racing kit my personal choice would be the Mugen followed closely buy the TLR kit.

So after hard thoughts I ended up getting the Tekno NB48 2.0 for $585 Shipped. Pretty good price if you ask me. A few nitro heads said this was better than TLR. Although TLR holds its own. I can save those 70-100$ for other parts to the build by going with Tekno. Thanks everyone for there input.

So after hard thoughts I ended up getting the Tekno NB48 2.0 for $585 Shipped. Pretty good price if you ask me. A few nitro heads said this was better than TLR. Although TLR holds its own. I can save those 70-100$ for other parts to the build by going with Tekno. Thanks everyone for there input.
Youd be happy with any of those brands. Once you get up in to the race quality kits you start getting a lot of brand fanboys. Kinda like the whole Chevy vs. Ford thing.

Gratz on the new kit!

Youd be happy with any of those brands. Once you get up in to the race quality kits you start getting a lot of brand fanboys. Kinda like the whole Chevy vs. Ford thing.

Gratz on the new kit!
Thanks brotha. I was a bit hesitant to hit the checkout button but I know I'm making a good investment lol