Nitro engine supercharger

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jmarcet85

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Anyone have any info about the rd superchargers. I've been told that they wont work on a two stroke nitro engine but then again this company seems to sell quite a lot of them. Any one have one would you recommend them. Thinking of getting one for my lst xxl or my jato. most likely the jato. All feedback will be greatly appreciated. Thanks Joe

OH NO the supercharger question again! Here us what most people think of them:dancingpoop: They look good on a show truck though:hehe:

Did someone say stupidcharger?

*sniff sniff* i smell crap???? someone must be talking about nitro superchargers again

Pretty darn close ralph. . .pretty darn close

I've been told that they won't work on a two stroke nitro engine

Not as they exist, no. Supercharging (or any other kind of forced induction) on two strokes requires valving to see any net gain.

The only thing they do on two stroke nitro engines is look cool, add weight and waste fuel.

Not as they exist, no. Supercharging (or any other kind of forced induction) on two strokes requires valving to see any net gain.

The only thing they do on two stroke nitro engines is look cool, add weight and waste fuel.

They also tend to cause the engine to run leaner as well.

Thanks for the input guys gonna deep six that idea although they do look neat.

Thanks for the input guys gonna deep six that idea although they do look neat.

You know what? Good for you on at doing some research first before wasting money!

[NitroNerdRant] All too often people get suckered in by what's 'cool' and think they need that little something that will make their vehicle all that better. Unfortunately, a vast majority of people will highly recommend something just because they bought it (I guess it's called 'saving face').

This hobby is chock full of manufactures who prey on folks (mainly those new) who think they won't be riding right if they don't have XYZ. It's all about tangible differences. Don't get me wrong. I've upgraded the hell out a lot of our vehicles, but ONLY as they need it and I'm confident in the tangibile results I'll see. Every driver has different needs. When my son first started racing a Losi 8ight 2.0, most everyone said alum shock caps are a 'must'. 5+ gallons in and the stock plastic have held up perfectly (and that boy has had some wicked crashes). 'Must haves' are to solve a problem that you have - not word of mouth.

For those new, the absolute best thing you can do for your vehicle is keep it like new (replace worn parts, keep on top of maintenance items, etc.) I've said it many times....the vehicle will let you know what it needs. Once you get familiar with the vehicle and are certain it's in top shape - be reactive. This hobby has plenty of ways to spend cash. Do so wisely and you'l have a better vehicle - guartanteed! [/NitroNerdRant]

Last edited:
+1 to Nerd's post. In addition, good on you for not arguing the point to death like the other guys :) You'll do well in this hobby.