Nitro engine front bearing, double seal??

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GAJ

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I just put a new front bearing in my Hyper .21, and re-assembled the engine. The front bearing I put in is sealed on both sides, the one I removed did not have a seal on the inside. Is the double seal going to be a problem? Should I disassemble and remove the inner seal?

Thanks.

I think that the old one lost a seal. Every sealed bearing that I've seen has a seal on each side of the bearing.

I just put a new front bearing in my Hyper .21, and re-assembled the engine. The front bearing I put in is sealed on both sides, the one I removed did not have a seal on the inside. Is the double seal going to be a problem? Should I disassemble and remove the inner seal?

Thanks.

The bearing that's inside should not have any seals ,that's to allow for lube from the fuel I believe ,an
the outer bearing is suppose to have the one seal on the outside ,the inside is to be open to receive
the lube as well.
I don't know if you will have issues ,but theres only one way to find out!...:D

The bearing that's inside should not have any seals ,that's to allow for lube from the fuel I believe ,an
the outer bearing is suppose to have the one seal on the outside ,the inside is to be open to receive
the lube as well.
I don't know if you will have issues ,but theres only one way to find out!...:D
Thank you, we'll see what happens.

Usually, you peal out one of the seals if there are two so the inward side of the bearing can get lube from the fuel. That said, no bearing is air tight, so odds are, you will end up getting some oil in it from the fuel anyway, just not as much. The rear bearing shouldn't have any seal on it.

If there was a groove then there was mostly likely a seal there.