Next two projects!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greywolf74

I'M TO BLAME!
Lifetime Supporter!
Supporter
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Bought some lumber today... Gonna make me some RC shelving now that I've freed up about 6ft of wall space in my hobby room. I hope thats enough to hold all my RCs lol. I'm going to use those gas pipe L bracket type shelf arms and some 1x3. I can't remember but someone else here did that I I thought it was killer so I'm gonna do one up too! :)

I've also got to build a new workbench to hold about 3 more 3D printers. Should look a lil something like this :)
Bench.png

Very cool Grey. I'm in the process of expanding also because my property taxes and Christmas is paid for... :D
Any guesses what that means?

thumbs up.png

LOL that thought crossed my mind.
My next with either be a k8 or trx4 sport.
OK both... :p
I've come to the conclusion as we get older, 1/5th scale gas rigs are just too damn heavy.

I've come to the conclusion as we get older, 1/5th scale gas rigs are just too damn heavy.
The purpose of 1/5 is to drive under power. 😁

Amen to that brutha! Thats why I havent bought anymore after the K8. When the LiPos die and I'm 100 yards away from house, thats a long walk back carrying that sucker. My arthritis does not like that at all lol

Isnt that where they are supposed to be though? Mine are all within easy reach so i can get to them to make lists of upgrades i want to do that never happen, and, the more trucks i pick up, the longer the list gets.
I usually have mine on shelves which I started to keep them on in the garage but I started noticing some of my kits were starting to rust being out there so I've brought them all in and now I'm trying to come up with a way to organize them all in my hobby room. Some of those kits I'm gonna have to do complete tear downs on and go through and replace all of the rusted screws, CVDs etc and check all of the driveline bearings etc.

Well, I got the frame of my new 3D Printer bench made today. Thanks for the help with the design @WickedFog , my wife is going to paint it tonight and then hopefully tomorrow Ill get time to put the plywood tops on. After that I'm gonna glue on some lamentaed hardboard for a more finished look. Ill update when I get it done.

Resized_20221115_191043.jpg

Took me a minute to realize I was looking at the side. Duh! 🤪 Today was a long day brain already shut down for the night. 🥴

Got some touch up painting to do around the edges but the 3d printer bench is basically done. Now I can move on to RC shelving!

20221116_143327.jpg

Awesome man! I respect that as a fellow wood worker.
I'm not a very experienced woodworker so most of my stuff comes out functional but not necessarily aesthetically pleasing. lol
I posted the second project somewhere else because I forgot I made this thread so I upload this pics here also of my filament spool holder that I made.This second piece I made out of rough cut lumber and scrap wood I had laying around so its not the purdiest thing around. Some of the pieces of wood were warped and crooked as crap. It works though :)
20221130_070445.jpg

20221130_070707.jpg
20221130_070520.jpg
20221130_070459.jpg

Last edited:
I'm not a very experienced woodworker so most of my stuff comes out functional but not necessarily aesthetically pleasing. lol
I posted the second project somewhere else because I forgot I made this thread so I upload this pics here also of my filament spool holder that I made.This second piece I made out of rough cut lumber and scrap wood I had laying around so its not the purdiest thing around. Some of the pieces of wood were warped and crooked as crap. It works though :)
View attachment 156657
View attachment 156660View attachment 156659View attachment 156658
Looks great!

I'm working on a cat house today, almost done and its -17C outside.

I’ll post a pic when I am done.

I still have to finish some of the inside trim, insulation on the lower side and build the roof but its almost done now. I also have a T-Stat I'm going to wire up to control a heat lamp for them. I piano hinged and latched the 2 floors so we can access the bottom. Flying to North Dakota tomorrow for work so they will have to deal with the rickety set up for a bit longer lol.
1F923A12-472A-4225-8E03-07E83B2EBB5E.jpeg
D82D2758-6568-4FA5-AAF1-7615F3C9B7BE.jpeg

Then a couple other wood working projects on the go. I love wood working, so tranquil like rc’n
BE19DE1B-1826-4353-842D-29DDD9A8B785.jpeg

Looking good man. better than my stuff lol. I should get me a router one of these days so I can put some nice beveled edges on stuff :)

Looking good man. better than my stuff lol. I should get me a router one of these days so I can put some nice beveled edges on stuff :)
Thanks! I have been doing it for years. Yup get your self a router! One of the most diverse wood working tools, especially if you have a table for it.

Back