Newbie with Monster GT transmission issue

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Associated still has a lot of old stock parts. If you can't find stuff on line in shops or on eBay (seems often the best pricing is ebay) associated is worth an email too. They are Def older models but like the RC10GT, there are still plenty of parts around!
I hope I'm not too late with these suggestions but I will try. Please be careful with aluminum parts. There are some places where they work great and are even almost required however... For parts like a control arm for instance... Where the stock plastic, or better still the RPM upgrade will give when you have an impact, the aluminum will likely bend but often just transfers the majority of the energy to the bulkhead... That is more expensive and is even more work to replace. That is just an example but the principle apples throughout the truck. It is also heavier than stock in most cases. The aluminum sure does look nice so if it's going to spend most of it's time on a shelf, I'm sure it will look KILLER!!! Also, just as a general idea, rather than replacing all sorts of parts with hop ups, it's often better to run your rig and figure out the weak spots. Upgrade those accordingly.
All that said, there are aluminum gearing upgrades avail which are often a very good idea for rigs with trans reliability issues, so it really does depend on what goodies you have purchased!
All that aside, CONGRATS on your purchase!!! I LOVE associated products!!! The old school stuff is AWESOME!!! There aren't a lot of companies out there that can say they produce rigs that run as hard and last as long as associated does. Associated also backs their products with exceptional support! You made a wise purchase for sure!!! Please, post pics and or vids of it when you get it! There is a section in the forum to post build projects too! I'd LOVE to see it! Good luck!!!
Welcome to RCNT!!! :welcome_sign: