newbie paint questions

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nitro dog

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I'm using 3 colors on my new body blue, orange, and silver. My question is if I paint the blue first do I top coat it with white right away of do I tape off the blue and paint orange and then top coat it all at once? Thanks for the help

I think that all you need to do, is tape off the bit that you want to spray blue. Make sure that the whole of the body that you dont want painted blue is covered, then spray the blue. Wait for it to dry, then spray over the bit that you want orange, wait for it to dry, then spray the silver. Then back it with white at the end.

Back the blue with either white or silver before you shoot the orange, or you can end up with some funky color blue.

can I shoot the orange over the white with no problems?

You mean the white backing the blue? If so, yes. Then just unmask the silver part and shoot the whole inside of the shell, this will back the orange, and paint the silver part all at the same time, plus it gives the inside a nice clean uniform look. It does make a difference when looking through the windows to see only the silver.

We will see how it turns out before posting pics LOL

Back