Newbie here need s9me advice

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marquise

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Hello everyone , i just joined this hobby and ordered my first ever rc car which is a mjx hyper go 14209 with 2s and 3s battery. Started reading how to get in the hobby and noticed i probalby need a battery charger aswell. I did not think about this before since i saw the included items list and there was a 3s usb charger/cable and one for the 2s. My question is can i charge the batteries with the included cables?

Screenshot_20231002-173046_AliExpress.jpg

as stated above yes you can charge those with the cables in picture it will take many hours to do so. those are dean connectors on the ends of batteries along with jst balance plug.id get a cheap ac/dc charger to use also as stated try charging at 1C ..thats 2 amp for 2000 mah and 3 amps for 3000 mah get lipo charge bag also.dont charge batteries unattended.

Thanks for the replies. One more question , in what device can i plug in the usb? Like a phone charger? Or a power bank maybe? I'm clueless thats why I'm asking these dumb questions 😅

Id appreciate a link to that. Thanks again guys.

So basically any phone charger with 5v2a output ?

So basically any phone charger with 5v2a output ?
While that included is charger is probably OK I would look at Amazon for instance, and get a charger like this that can reportedly balance charge 2s & 3s lipo batteries fairly quickly (especially since you have to watch the batteries while charging them). I would also suggest getting lipo bags to put the battery in while charging and maybe even some battery alarms/checkers. All of these items will help you get started enjoying the hobby SAFELY.

That's me talking in the video and while the stuff I linked isn't the most expensive or "best" I use them and they are working well for me.

Let me know if you have any questions.

While that included is charger is probably OK I would look at Amazon for instance, and get a charger like this that can reportedly balance charge 2s & 3s lipo batteries fairly quickly (especially since you have to watch the batteries while charging them). I would also suggest getting lipo bags to put the battery in while charging and maybe even some battery alarms/checkers. All of these items will help you get started enjoying the hobby SAFELY.

That's me talking in the video and while the stuff I linked isn't the most expensive or "best" I use them and they are working well for me.

Let me know if you have any questions.
i was looking at a skyrc charger/discharger i think its b6v2. Is that good? Also I'm leaning in to a metal storage box after i saw some videos about lipo packs exploding. Also can't load your video...

i was looking at a skyrc charger/discharger i think its b6v2. Is that good? Also I'm leaning in to a metal storage box after i saw some videos about lipo packs exploding. Also can't load your video...
I can only speak to what I have used, sorry. As far as storage for the batteries, that's up to you as long as you're doing it safely. 👍

Make sure you remove the seal and drill vent holes....... or that metal container may do more bad then good. Buckets of sand can be a friend to contain.

Back