Newbee Questions :)

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glencmp

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hi there, what a fantastic site ?
I've been digging here for a few days and now I can't resist a question or two ?

I've just bought an old 1/10 GS Racing Nitro what looks to be a rock crawler or maybe just a plain 4x4, as it's got big chunky wheels. It's taken me a few days to get this old girl up and running and because it's a single needle carb it's maybe not running as well as it might (well to be truthful it's running really well especially when it hits a tree!!)
So question number 1 - This car is a GS Racing, the remote is a GEWISE, so I surmise its old!! So is it possible to get spares or can bits be replaced with other makes especially for the steering etc just in case of an accident.

Question 2 - is it possible to fit a Speed Govener to this either via the remote control or on the car? As this is a present for my God son when he comes down on holiday. He has his own Electric car which is fast as hell but not in the same league as the nitro, so just to slow it down a bit for him until he gets used to it.

And last one - I want to change the carb to a 2 needle set up as it will run a little better, can this be done to the existing engine or will I need to buy a complete unit?
Thanks for any help here
smile.gif

All the best
Glen

Attachments

• Car.jpg
    Car.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 95
@Glencmp can you post pictures of the RC without the body on? As for slowing down the truck, many radio systems allow you to dial back the throttle.

Awe thanks Woodie :) much appreciated, Ill post these asap, but I did notice a wheel on the handle of the remote, is that what thats for???

OK Pics as Promised :)

If there are any links to any information like Instruction manuals etc Id be very grateful for, as I'm running Blind here and only with the good grace of your selves and youtube to try and set it up properly :)

Attachments

• Pic 2.jpg
    Pic 2.jpg
    348.2 KB · Views: 135
  • Pic1.jpg
    Pic1.jpg
    333.3 KB · Views: 151
  • Pic3.jpg
    Pic3.jpg
    218.6 KB · Views: 97