New truck #3, another SCX24 deadbolt…

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GMCK1500shoptruck

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
Another deadbolt showed up at my door today… but this one is for my son! He came with me to the crawler meet last Tuesday, but he didn’t have his own truck so he didn’t get to do much driving, he mostly ended up cruising my FMS Blazer around on the floor. Now he can hit the obstacles with his own truck!

Right now it’s just a stock red deadbolt, and I think it will stay that way for a while. Figured he could learn how to drive it first before we go crazy with modding… I do plan on putting a better steering servo in it pretty soon just for reliability sake…

I promise I’ll post some action shots on Tuesday from the hobby shop crawler meet…

He’s gonna have a lot of fun! I let him try my SCX 24 last Tuesday, and he had fun with it, but I was worried about him launching it off the table… a stock deadbolt would just bounce, but mine is a lot heavier than stock and would probably break something with a trip to the floor…

Yeah, I don't think they are heavy enough to break anything if they fall. Even so, parts are cheap.
I buy most of my 1/24 scale parts...
Here

Last edited:
IMG_5082.jpeg

Quick pic…