New Traxxas Ultimate Desert Racer

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HPIguy

Durability Tester
Staff member
Supporter
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Traxxas dropped this one at the Nuremburg Toy Fair. I haven't touched an RC ground rig in over years, and I've been drooling over this thing. Very well detailed scale looks, innovative portal rear axle to greatly reduce torque twist, 6s and 50mph, and a new size they're calling Pro Scale. They actually measured out the real truck, and shrank everything to the same ratio! Fab up some panels and swap the tires for an awesome, LARGE Ultra 4 rig possibly? Or, plenty of room for FPV gear and a GoPro in that big cockpit. Hmmmm....

qJp1rJ2.jpg

GN9YyxG.jpg

Size comparison vs Slash
TBbyrE7.jpg

Sheeza bigen!

It certainly looks cool that's for sure. I think I'm liking the Losi Super Rey a bit better though.

Both look to be a lot of fun!

Mike, I like the Super Baja Rey, and the Rock Rey also. Have you seen the can in the Super Rock Rey? It's ridiculous. If they do a Super Rock Rey, my bank account is in big trouble. :D Hmmmm, maybe I should email Losi? LOL Seriously though, a large scale electric Ultra 4 with hi/lo range and locking diffs would be an instant buy for me if was durable and not a turd. It's the one do it all rig for the terrain we have around here. I love my Wraith to bits, it's my all time favorite ground rig, but it'll never handle like an IFS rig at high speeds, that's it's only shortcoming.

Gotta love the dash.