New Traxxas Slash

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NCNitro

Fist of Goodness
In Memoriam
Supporter
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
This truck looks bad ass! I swore I would never buy another traxxas product, but this one is way too cool! It is friggin huge, those are 2.2 tires and wheels all tucked up underneath the lid.

5805_01_1024x768.gif

http://www.traxxas.com/products/electric/5805/trx_5805.htm

Last edited:
I don't know if I would choose this over the new Losi, but with either one potential to make this thing stunning is HUGE. I can just imagine this thing with the hop ups that I have pictured in my head. I thought I just bought my last RC for a while this past week, but these trucks have a major cool factor.

I dont like the losi at all, it looks just like a slightly different xxxt, with a different body and bumper. This truck is way more scale and looks much more like the real trucks. I hate the way all of the losis tires are out past the body. This truck with a bad ass brushless set up would be awesome!

That truck does look pretty cool :D With a Lipo and brushless that thing would FLY!! ... well figuratively speaking :D

I just watched the movies in the gallery and when they zoom in on the RC it looks almost full-scale.

Last edited:
it is a Nitro? just wondering, I thought it was a electric RC.

not sure. Looks like you say more like a "real truck". it's cool. I prefer nitro.

It's electric, and I've been thinking about something to run around the parking lot. This is definitely too cool to pass on.
"Ready for brushless". That makes it really tempting.
I love the look of it. Anyone have a price yet?

I'm guessing a bit more than the electric rustler

not sure. Looks like you say more like a "real truck". it's cool. I prefer nitro.

Well if you're not sure, maybe you should see what the "real truck" these were modeled after looks like...

http://www.traxxas.com/products/electric/5805/sct_racing/sct_racing.htm

Personally, although I really like the looks of this truck, I would just wait for the aftermarket guys to make the hop ups, then just build one from scratch. New aluminum chassis, rpm arms, etc etc, and then just pick up the stock parts needed from the bay. :D

I can also see that front bumper replacing the Savage bumpers guys are using on a lot of scale rigs.

At first glance, I was thinking it was a gasser, like the Baja 5B. I'm amazed no one has capitalized on the concept yet.

I so want one of these brushless. WOW that would be fun to play with in the local baseball feild!

Looks like they took the look from the Losi Micro DT.

I like that it is brushless ready and give you an extra pinion gear for tuning, H2O proof gear to boot as well. Nice!!

Not sure if I would buy it.Need to see more on it in person.

from the looks and short videos, its on my watch list. i was thinking of ordering the losi version but my hold off now and see how the aftermarket support does. as for price...my guess about 300

This looks to be a much better selection than the Losi model. Seems to be a lot more stable

the body looks awesome. does anyone know if there is a body like that for the t-maxx?

Back