New toy SCX10 Honcho

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
oh yeah and this glad I waterproofed it I was upside down a few times in the water but that was a blast and fun to build.

Last edited by a moderator:
The truck looks good, and that is a killer spot to run it!

I think I may have to pick up a set of 1.9 Rock Lox though everybody swears by them and they are taller

The Rok Lox work great and they are a good bit taller, but the Flat Irons are pretty darn good too! If it's just better performance your after trim the foams and add some weight to the wheels, you will be surprised how much it helps. I run 3 oz in each front tire and I run the battery (LiFe pack) in the rear, for a scaler I think it has a nice balance....Both of my scx's are set up like this.

Thanks, I currently have 4 oz up front and 2 oz in back and after driving it a bit I think the thing hooks up great. I got to looking at it and I had the suspension spacers in wrong so I fixed that and I am good to go...

A little update on this rig, seems like ever since I got this thing my other RC's have just sat on the shelf:)

Played around with my extra 2.2 badlands and also trimmed my bumper down cause I think it is a bit too much to take in stock form.

IMG_0980.jpg

IMG_0977.jpg

my 9 yr old thought this made a good roof rack so we worked together on it and he was happy so I am happy.

IMG_0998.jpg

IMG_0999.jpg

Gotta have a gun:D

IMG_0994.jpg

Installed 1 red rock light on each wheel and also 2 floods in the back bringing the total to 14 leds.

IMG_0996.jpg

IMG_0995.jpg

Also picked up some safty-silv 56 and tubing for a bumper adventure:)

IMG_0992.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Man that is a nice rig, love the tires and your latest video you sure can hear the jungle tribes mumbling something, keep up the pics and videos :)

Thanks, got some more goodies.

set of Rok Lox - these things are damn sexy.
IMG_1007.jpg

IMG_1000.jpg

Notice the 3racing winch in the pic, that thing is pretty cool got it all wired up running 7.2 v and also bumped the volts on my LEDS from 6 - 7.2 v. I temporarily mounted it in the stock bumper because I hope to have the tuber bumper and 4 link truss for the rear done by next weekend.

IMG_1009.jpg

I am not sure what to do with this blue??? flat black the hood? and get some tacoma stickers:ponder: it will eventually have an interior.
IMG_1014.jpg

Last edited:
Nice tires indeed! IMO I would go flat black but coming together nicely

kind of what I though a flat black on the outside, been looking at some of the rigs at rccrawlers and some of those guys are really creative. btw thanks

How do you like your 2.2 badlands compared to your 1.9 rok lox? I'm looking into one or the other, possibly both later on if they are both good

The 2.2 Bad lands grip like crazy but are way too big for this rig and rub the body even after trimming it. I drove the 1.9Rok loxs around for a couple of hours Sat and man they hook up and side hill really nice. On the Honcho the added height with the Rok lox is great for approach angle using the stock bumper.

The 2.2 Bad lands grip like crazy but are way too big for this rig and rub the body even after trimming it. I drove the 1.9Rok loxs around for a couple of hours Sat and man they hook up and side hill really nice. On the Honcho the added height with the Rok lox is great for approach angle using the stock bumper.

Do they make 1.9 badlands? both sets are super sick

They don't make 1.9 badlands but the 2.2's are doable on the Honcho and fun, you just don't get the scale articulation and have to clearance up the body and bumpers to make them work. also for what it's worth they aren't allowed in comps...

I always felt like my Honcho's ass was a bit bumpy sooo..

IMG_1054.jpg

I went for a sleek look:D

IMG_1055.jpg

And while I had some steel hanging around I rednecked up a 4 link truss and it seems to articulate pretty good but I haven't gotten out to test yet.

IMG_1057.jpg

IMG_1060.jpg

IMG_1062.jpg

BTW I think the winch already crapped out but not sure, I guess that's what I get for running it through the creek:whhooo: All of the other waterproofing has held up otherwise, I had this thing underwater plenty of times and last weekend when I opened the RX box it was bone dry thanks to RTV.