New toy SCX10 Honcho

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

syphon68

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
you know the story went to the LHs with my wallet again oops:) kinda excited though building it stock from the kit for now with Waterproof XL5, DX3S, Novac 45T, 7 cel nimh. lots of TSCcrawlers orders in the future though...

IMG_0926.jpg

IMG_0925.jpg

Last edited:
Nice rig, I think you will be very surprised at how capable it is in stock form!

That's the one I want to get, really nice choice IMO, post pics of it as you build it so we can all watch it go together...

Didn't get much done yet but I love the directions and the kit seems well put together so far, picking up some wheel weights and what not later but

Axles

IMG_0929.jpg

Got the shocks and I want to make these work hopefully. It is one set xx long and one long basically a slash setup but they sure are purrty.:D

56971[/ATTACH]"]
IMG_0933.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0933.jpg
    IMG_0933.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 101
Figured it out used an XX long Tini shaft in the X-long tube and I will use those in the front on to the pics.

They got pretty close to the same size just about 1/4" difference
IMG_0938.jpg

difference between stock and these

IMG_0939.jpg

I will have to wait and see how it affect the ride height but maybe a little more room for some 2.2's in the future.

IMG_0941.jpg

id say no on the 2.2s. been there done that, hated the outcome

yeah I have heard that before maybe some taller 1.9's but for now it is the Flat Iron's they look good IMO. I also picked up a Proline accessory kit, I couldn't resist. My youngest boy is gonna crap himself when he comes back from his moms and his rig is pimp.

Attachments

• 6040-00[1].jpg
    6040-00[1].jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 134
i run 2.2 flatirons on my scx and i really like it. The flat irons are pretty short 2.2's so it works out great.

roller
IMG_0943.jpg

shocks -Like I said I will have to wait and see when the body gets on to see what they look like.

IMG_0942.jpg

The SCX-10 is a fun to build kit. When I built mine, I found that instructions were some of the best I've seen. Enjoy the build!

The SCX-10 is a fun to build kit. When I built mine, I found that instructions were some of the best I've seen. Enjoy the build!

I agree with that the instructions are great when I follow them:D put a couple of things on wrong getting in a hurray and not paying attantion to the instructions but best kit I have built since the Holiday buggy and grasshopper way back when but I didn't know the difference then:)

Got further today, found some softer springs but I am going to get some that look a bit better. Also got the rest of the kit together and slung a little paint. This kit was a blast, I still am waiting for the light kit to arrive so I can put on the lights and I have to sticker it up and fasten the accesories to the rear but here are more pics.

rear desk assembly

IMG_0950.jpg

IMG_0951.jpg

Not sure if I need to use servo tape or ca glue to stick the accessories but any help is appreciated.

IMG_0960.jpg

Tamiya Blue (Blue is his favorite color so there wasn't a choice)

IMG_0958.jpg

IMG_0961.jpg

IMG_0959.jpg

Blue is a good color. :) (my favorite, too)

Not sure if I need to use servo tape or ca glue to stick the accessories but any help is appreciated.

Myself, I'd use Shoe Goo. It holds as securely as anything, but doesn't tend to do damage or leave residue, if you ever want to remove the parts. It's also more forgiving of being used on uneven or textured surfaces, and if you do want to move things, it's less likely to need a crowbar to pull up, than servo tape.

Wow thats beautiful! Keep up the good work shes lookin good

Thanks for the compliments guys hopefully my boy feels the same way, here are some more progress pics.

Got the front lights in today and decided to ditch the XL5 esc idea hate the lag between fwd/rev and no programming. gonna get a Novac rooster for it.

IMG_0966.jpg

IMG_0967.jpg

I think that I'll have to do a shell with lights now. That looks really nice.

Thanks, This is the first time that I have used the Tamiya paint because I had just used Pactra prior to this. The color is Tamiya Brilliant blue, I also love the light buckets that come with this kit I don't think I would have mounted body lights without them. Went to the LHS yesterday and put the 2.2 Flatirons up next to the 1.9's and the 2.2's will definately look better IMO but that will have to be down the road since I am getting a new esc and lipo for it:)

Well got to play in the mud with it a bit today and I went back to stock shocks and put a 35 T Integy motor in there for wheel speed. I was amazed at how great this thing is. I think I may have to pick up a set of 1.9 Rock Lox though everybody swears by them and they are taller.

IMG_0968.jpg