New to RC World - Used DuraTrax Warhead refuses to start

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
is all back toghter now? i had this problem with a hpi nitro mt remember RC Addicit?
try to start it normaly after proper priming, if it floods instantly turn your HSN down a 1/4 turn pull the glow plug out turn truck upside down and spin it over to clear it of the flood
reinstall glow plug try to start again... if its not getting fuel normaly try taking the air cleaner off and remove the fuel line at intake on carb and put some directly into the carb opening try to start it if it fires up you got serious air leaks also i come to raleigh alot, i could help you out and bash around at same time, I'm in hickory, but all my family is in raleigh

yea $150 is a steal for a 1/8th mt even if engine is shot, does duratrax have a engine exhange program like hpi and traxxas? if they do man you can trade in that engine for a brand new very cheap, I'm not a fan of duratrax but it can be fun when u get it goin!

Just got it all back together last night actually, but I have another order from tower coming in. I found the bearings on the clutch bell were installed backwards and the flare is all but gone. I reversed them so I can get a run or 2 out of them, but the new set will be here this week. I ordered a bunch of crap really. Temp Gun, Fail Safe, a few EVO Upgrade Kits (TONS of parts for the $13 they ask for the kit), and a few other odds and ends that I needed like spare spur gears and such.

It's still kinda cold out so hoping it warms up this afternoon so I can go try to run it for a bit longer.

I just scored an OFNA Ultra MBX yesterday, but it needs a radio so I may swap thew DuraTrax Radio over and mess with that one today. We shall see!

thats not crap you need thoughs things man, espescialy the temp gun , and some advise since your near me so i no the weather, take a hair dryer and heat up the engine before you try to start it, this cold will make it HARD to start by itself

Actually, firing it up is a snap now that the carb is at least tuned within it's workable range. It was WAY off before preventing it from firing. I'll still need to tune the engine, which will be another fun struggle.

you always set your fuel settings back to factory spec and tune from there