New to me Associated MGT .21R Revival

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
this truck as well kind of went on the back-burner for a bit, went to go run it monday and realized i had no idea where my roto start shaft went. was going to test out the new controller on it, (really need to get a Pull start spring) ended up running the other MGT instead.
think I'm going to swap out the rx/tx between them though, kind of a sucker for antenna-less Rx lol
grabbed up some titanium tie-rods and turnbuckles for about 1$ each so gonna try to install on both trucks this weekend.

this truck as well kind of went on the back-burner for a bit, went to go run it monday and realized i had no idea where my roto start shaft went. was going to test out the new controller on it, (really need to get a Pull start spring) ended up running the other MGT instead.
think I'm going to swap out the rx/tx between them though, kind of a sucker for antenna-less Rx lol
grabbed up some titanium tie-rods and turnbuckles for about 1$ each so gonna try to install on both trucks this weekend.

Lol....I hate losing the starter rod ,I even had 2 of the hexed ones ,an my 5.9 engine uses the bone style!
My Os cvr 18 don't even have no starter at all ,the shaft is the style that stays in the back plate ,so I just
use a o-way in a 1/2 '' socket to start it ,in which I like that way better ,just as long as I make sure the o-way
comes off ,which it does ,I will apoxy it to a socket one of these days!

been awhile since i updated this thread,
ended up moving so finally got settled in (More area to work on RCs!) then after about a week of waiting and mail guy finally came through. with my parts! received some wheels! i ended up robbing the integy tire/Pro-line wheels off this truck to put on the MGT 3.0. the traxxas wheels that we received with the 3.0 were severely out of balance, and the offset made the tires rub the body really bad. originally i had those Pro-Line 40 series big joes, but somehow i managed to break it by the plastic hub where the wheel nut tightens pulling through. then from there separated the rim from the tire. the new wheels are chrome not red though, so i have the fronts being chrome and rears being red/orange. (doesn't honestly look too bad) eventually ill try getting another set of chrome ones though. (red/orange is about impossible to find.) hoping to be able to get out and run them either thursday or friday.

been awhile since i updated this thread,
ended up moving so finally got settled in (More area to work on RCs!) then after about a week of waiting and mail guy finally came through. with my parts! received some wheels! i ended up robbing the integy tire/Pro-line wheels off this truck to put on the MGT 3.0. the traxxas wheels that we received with the 3.0 were severely out of balance, and the offset made the tires rub the body really bad. originally i had those Pro-Line 40 series big joes, but somehow i managed to break it by the plastic hub where the wheel nut tightens pulling through. then from there separated the rim from the tire. the new wheels are chrome not red though, so i have the fronts being chrome and rears being red/orange. (doesn't honestly look too bad) eventually ill try getting another set of chrome ones though. (red/orange is about impossible to find.) hoping to be able to get out and run them either thursday or friday.
you moved into a new place? nice! dont keep up here asmuch ?

you moved into a new place? nice! dont keep up here asmuch ?
Yup, ended up only being 2 blocks away, but much more room. It's an apartment though so can't run the nitro rcs out front anymore.
Was able to snap a picture lol looks so much better with the big Joe's
20191023_120704.jpg

Well .you could have drove the RC's to your new home!.....?
Its funny because i have, but before it was my new home lol, its on the way i used to take when i used to go run my crawler and used to stop by to crawl on the landscaping rocks out front of the complex.

think i found a pull spring that will work with this truck too which i am excited about. now just need some pull rope and a handle!
truck is still a bit dusty from previous run, so going to try cleaning it up and get a few more pictures showing the most up to date stuff on it. think my last body off picture was with the other exhaust, and have since done a few little things. really wanting to build/buy a roll bar/cage for it to protect the engine better.
also planning on getting some RPM arms for the rear as well so at least they are all matching.

Got a chance to run the truck last night, these tires grip so well, was so nice to scratch that itch of running, been to busy with work and moving havent been able to run at all. need to adjust the 2 speed a bit (shifting later than id like). so happy i ended up buying this truck lol, was so on the fence about getting another. now i found another MGT for sale for 85$ which i am so tempted to pick up, but i dont really need it.

Got a chance to run the truck last night, these tires grip so well, was so nice to scratch that itch of running, been to busy with work and moving havent been able to run at all. need to adjust the 2 speed a bit (shifting later than id like). so happy i ended up buying this truck lol, was so on the fence about getting another. now i found another MGT for sale for 85$ which i am so tempted to pick up, but i dont really need it.
Hmmmm I didn't really need that Baja yet I bought it sooooooo ?? buy it! ?

Hmmmm I didn't really need that Baja yet I bought it sooooooo ?? buy it! ?
haha i know... think i am going to try to get either another MGT 3.0, or another LST so i/we have 2 of all the trucks i do have :p one day will find a deal like you did on a 1/5 scale ? really wanting to put money aside too for the Trophy truck build too.... need to stop procrastinating that.

Nice ,that is how I ended up with so many Mgt's ,from buying rollers for parts!....LOL

Back