New to me Associated MGT .21R Revival

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
that looks awesome!
my mom was a professional sign painter for awhile, so she knows quite a bit about painting, and luckily has some really awesome stuff to do it with, the hard part is my learning of it, and I'm not doing it on something flat. I'm using a masking sheet, its a roll of about 12" clear sticker material, its just quite thick and pretty stiff so tight bends it has issues sometimes. also my eyes arent what they used to be so cutting out my stencils isnt as exact as i wish it was.
I'm way to cheap to have one professionally painted especially knowing that i am going to be running this body and beating it up. eventually might have one painted for me, or get better at it and try to do what i was wanting. will post up what i was going to attempt with what i ended up doing.

well ended up going for a bit different look again, saw some bleeding so decided to kind of finesse it a bit, went with some more "splattered" look, so far am happy, i think it turned out well, but it wasn't what i had initially envisioned.
overall am happy with it.
definitely going to invest in a better masking compound next body, going to try what i wanted with this one originally again.
anyways, not finished yet, but here are some progress pics!
centerpiece on black2.jpg
centerpiece on black.jpg
centerpiece on black with green2.jpg
centerpiece on black with green.jpg
centerpiece on black with green w can.jpg
centerpiece on black with green top.jpg
black green clear no mask.jpg

going to pain the clear areas with a lighter green (Same as the letters) to finish it off.
lol dont be too hard on me its been awhile XD

well ended up going for a bit different look again, saw some bleeding so decided to kind of finesse it a bit, went with some more "splattered" look, so far am happy, i think it turned out well, but it wasn't what i had initially envisioned.
overall am happy with it.
definitely going to invest in a better masking compound next body, going to try what i wanted with this one originally again.
anyways, not finished yet, but here are some progress pics!
View attachment 118871View attachment 118870View attachment 118869View attachment 118868View attachment 118867View attachment 118866View attachment 118865
going to pain the clear areas with a lighter green (Same as the letters) to finish it off.
lol dont be too hard on me its been awhile XD
looks good to me! i think it does look like the alx green (the engine i posted on large scale forum) through the camera, i like it!!

Got the final paint coats on, decals, all that's left is trimming the body! Should have it mounted tomorrow! The green looks so so much better without the masking, didnt really realize how matte it make it look! Super excited with the colors! Used up every bit of both green paints and a full can of black and a half.
Pic heavy!
20190515_002450.jpg
20190515_002459.jpg
20190514_221135.jpg
20190515_002404.jpg
20190515_002420.jpg
20190515_002432.jpg
20190515_002440.jpg

Got the final paint coats on, decals, all that's left is trimming the body! Should have it mounted tomorrow! The green looks so so much better without the masking, didnt really realize how matte it make it look! Super excited with the colors! Used up every bit of both green paints and a full can of black and a half.
Pic heavy!View attachment 118886View attachment 118887View attachment 118888View attachment 118889View attachment 118890View attachment 118891View attachment 118892
That thing looks awesome!!! Great job!!!

That looks awesome ,you did a great job ,I bet it feels great getting rid of that sickness out of your gut!....:hehe:
lol definitely, was so worried about the spot it bled, but now after i kind of went with it and added to it, gave it a very different theme and I'm really happy with it!

You could have set the body on your truck first while it was clear an marked & drilled the holes ,then put
scotch tape over the holes when you paint ,that would save the headache from trying to eye ball it!

Well kind of emmbarasingly I marked the film and was going to drill before I peeled it off, kind of got excited though, I was able to mark the rear before I pulled it off all the way so going to use a paint pen on the front to mark locations

Well kind of emmbarasingly I marked the film and was going to drill before I peeled it off, kind of got excited though, I was able to mark the rear before I pulled it off all the way so going to use a paint pen on the front to mark locations

That lil devil body that I had custom painted ,I had cut out where the muffler comes out on the running board before
I sent it out for paint so I didnt mess it up ,those types of bodies arent met for nitro's ,as I had to trim off a little bit
of the head as well ,I am also not done with it ,I still have to custom do so body mounts on it to go with the theme
of the truck!

But ,you will be alright ,just take your time!....:thumbs-up:

I still have to re-do this body ,hopefully ,I can chip the rest off that paint off or try to match up some
lexan paint to that existing color!

Tried the dot4 brake fluid option yet?

No ,I am afraid to use anything harsh on there ,I figured ,if the paint is just falling off ,in time it will all fall off!...LOL

Those bugs & angry daisy's are hand painted on there ,an they will have to stay ,those aren't flaking off ,its a
different paint!
The paint that is falling off ,is that fluorescent marker paint ,it is just falling off ,an the paint is real brittle!

got the body done!
really happy with it, managed to get the trimming done pretty spot on which i was worried about, few spots that arent perfect, but nothing major.
Finished Side view.jpg
Finished.jpg

Back