New to fpv issues

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nomad

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Hello,

I am new to this whole fpv rc car thing. I’ve tried a few things to set this up. Currently I have a what thought was an okay drone disassemble and reassemble into this build. It sends out a Wi-Fi signal to my phone, but I can only get about 50 feet now. What can I do to get more distance or am I sunk? If I can’t get more distance is there a fpv kit that anyone would recommend?

Welcome to the forum! WiFi can’t go that far, I recommend looking into a hobby grade setup. This will work great, but you also need goggles and it requires a 3D printer.

Welcome to the forum! WiFi can’t go that far, I recommend looking into a hobby grade setup. This will work great, but you also need goggles and it requires a 3D printer.
Hmm ok, I could find some goggles but I don’t have anything
currently. I don’t have access to a 3d printer unfortunately.

Drone antennas are fairly sensitive to how they are positioned in the drone, be it wifi or whatever. Play with getting the antenna into a better position. But as pug said, wifi isn't great for anything in the RC world. There are far better options out there.

Last edited:
Drone antennas are fairly sensitive to how they are positioned in the drone, be it wifi or whatever. Play with getting the antenna into a better position. But as pug said, wifi isn't great for anything in the RC world. There are far better options out there.
I am going to redo the stock set up and get a cross fire remote set up and also go with fat shark and run 5.8 ghz. At least that’s what I am starting to believe.

Last edited:
I am going to redo the stock set up and get a cross fire remote set up and also go with fat shark and run 5.8 ghz. At least that’s what I am starting to believe.
So I have a new remote, the stock system uses a ESC and The new remote has a receiver. I am not quite sure on how to put this in? Do I have to gut everything?