New to 1/8 scale buggies, which one is right for me?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redhatman

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Hey guys, I recently sold my Brushless RC18 on ebay to make room for a 1/8 buggy I will be buying. I decided I want to go Ofna, but not sure which one.

I want something that is fast, tough for big jumps, and forgiving in bad wipeouts. I will not be racing much, just for driving around in the yard and flying through the air.

I dont want to spend lots of money, right now I was looking at the
-Ofna LX Comp
-Ofna Hyper 7 PBS

Which one would you say is right for me? Is the hyper 7 worth the extra $150 to a basher?

BTW, I'm only new to buggies, not to nitro. I have had a couple nitro cars before. Thanks a lot in advance.
-Pat

I know you are short on funds, but the TQ Sport kit and a cheap mill might be a better buggy long run. Otherwise I vote for the Hyper 7. Just better overall, and strong. PBS front end is real strong.

If you want to get into the scene than go with the cheaper one but if you want it to last I agree on the PBS.

ok, so you think all around the PBS is a better buggy than the LX Comp and worth the extra $150 or so?

redhatman said:
ok, so you think all around the PBS is a better buggy than the LX Comp and worth the extra $150 or so?
Definitley!!! You can upgrade the braces and my favorite the PBS suspension to C Hub suspension. I had a similar buggy the Ofna Hyper 7 PCR. Strong rig.
The LX comp has a weak desighn IMO. The layout is crap and the engine is not my fav. The Hyper 7 is the way to go in my opinion.

i got an ofna ultra mbx R2, its only a roller, been sitting in the basement for a while now...has PBS and C-Hub setups....some extras...needs wome TLC...if your interested, let me know...

hyper tq pro. new. all the stuff u need, a really nice engine, nothin u dont. 480bux, pick ur fav radio.

-ult

I'm not looking to buy used. had a bad experience once. I'm looking for a nice NIB one.

So far I am leaning towards the Hyper 7 PBS. Anyone got any feedback on the Mach .28 engine?

Any body have any feedback on the Hyper 7 RTR. I need to get one for my son. Is it a fair price for the quality. What I'm asking is would any of you put out the cash for it? If not, than what would you go out and get for that price.

well guys, I'm pretty sure I will order the Hyper 7 Mach .28 edition later tonight. Just have to sort out the paypal money and all.

You guys say the Hyper 7 PBS is a very strong buggy and is good for bashing and racing?

Hey nevnitro yes I forked out the cash for it and its so good that I'm getting another one!! You or your son will def not be disapointed in the hyper 7 of any kind.

redhatman said:
well guys, I'm pretty sure I will order the Hyper 7 Mach .28 edition later tonight. Just have to sort out the paypal money and all.

You guys say the Hyper 7 PBS is a very strong buggy and is good for bashing and racing?

Hey Bro,
Check your PM's

Jeep

Hyper PBS all the way I've had a couple and enjoyed both of them, inexpensive,easy to find parts for and a great basher buggy if thats what you intend on doing with it.

they hyper 7 buggys are built like :tank:'s i have the pcr and i beat on it like a red headed step child that stole my money..

i think i have broke less on it than any other rig.

i can't see the pbs being a whole lot less tough.

Thanks for the remarks OFNA BB. I think I'm going to look into a little more, It looks and sounds pretty solid. I'll let you know where I go with it.

Ok guys, thanks a lot. I actually just got done printing the receipt for the Towerhobbies order of an Ofna Hyper 7 PBS and Ofna Micro Fail Safe. Now, I have to wait a week for it to come! argh haha.