New Racers (What to expect on Race day.)

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good information for those interested in organized racing.

Just remember, when you practice, make sure you take a clip from the frequency board and replace it with a clip that has yuour name on it. ALWAYS check for frequencies.

When marshalling, it's not your responsibility to get the car back to the owner. Don't leave your station. Place the car off to the side and they will get it.

Diver6127 said:
...When marshalling, it's not your responsibility to get the car back to the owner. Don't leave your station. Place the car off to the side and they will get it.

ooops.....LOL, that's what I usually do, but the cars doesn't usually break that bad or flame out....I just do it because everyone at the track does it, so I figure, return the favor! :D

Last edited:
Well, it depends on the track you go to. Up at prospeed, it's ok to do that since most of the guys don't mind. At BARCAR in Edison, NJ it's not allowed.

One mor thing!

If for some reason your stops on the straight away make sure you scream outWatch the straight so the other drivers know to watch out for you

When you jump a rail and wind up ahead of the pack, it's simle courtesy to wait for the people you left behind.

When refueling for someone in the pits, take the car off the track to refuel. This keeps spilled fuel off the surface. Not to mention, if it's a sanctioned race (ROAR, IFMAR) if you're caught doing it, it's a stop and go penalty. It also keeps the lane clear for incoming traffic and keeps you from getting hit or yelled at by the other racers.

Driver courtesy also comes into effect ... IF a faser driver is coming up behind you, don't try to battle him/her. Keep your line if you're in a turn and there's no room to let him pass. If there is room, move over and make it known (if possible) by saying "Going out" so he knows your intention. The announcer will usually let you know who is the race leader.

A far as breaking during a race or qualifiyer, expect it. Keep plugs, spare suspension parts, driveline parts, servos, and all other commonly broken parts in your box.

Da Hellion said:
If for some reason your stops on the straight away make sure you scream outWatch the straight so the other drivers know to watch out for you
Or yell out "Dead Car"

And steer it over to the side if you still have enough speed/momentum.

One all too important thing ... If you start to lose control from over correction ... just let go of the trigger. Better to lose a couple of secs and just straighten out than get stuck against a board or doming the car. That will be even more time lost.

For the biginner racer, stay in the middle of the track and keep clean lines. The more time spent off the boards or on your lid means lower lap times.

Man, I need to start taking my own advice! LOL

I'm gonna reinforce the idea of breakages and not winning, i thought i was a sweet driver with the toughest car but guess what, i was wrong, don't think this and you won't have people like me wrecking your day (lol I'm still a crap driver), expect to be beaten for at least the first few race meetings.
And dont forget to have fun. :)

Last edited:
If you're relatively new and racing with experienced drivers, know that they will be faster than you. If they're coming up on you, don't swerve to get out of their way. Keep your line. Experienced drivers will find a way around you without screwing up and losing time. If you swerve to let them by, you'll goof them badly and may wind up with a car up your butt or on your lid.

My biggest piece of advice to all racers (I see this all the time and it irks me to no end): At the races, remember, this is supposed to be fun. There's no need to get angry and yell at other drivers or marshalls. It's all about fun with expensive and fast toys and your life doesn't depend on it. Keep the fun in it and share your experience and knowledge with the novices. Be friendly, courteous, and considerate of everyone around you.

I always have a good race day, even when I break down, as long as my name isn't the "Ultimate suck" at the end of the day I'm happy....luckily I've never been the ultimate suck....just second to the ultimate suck.....

hey Fasteddy,

cheers for posting that. I've printed it off now. It will alot of help
for when i go to my first race day, which will hopefully be soon.

Thanks again

Rush eo man

Thanks

Thnx for posting this Fast Eddie. It's great info. As far as bad driving goes, I'm the worst.:no_comment: I still spend more time on my lid than the wheels. I guess I'm still learning...

Well this is an old thread, so yeah the website probably just got deleted or expired.

i can't open that link, any help?

Last edited:
Back