New non rc toy

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kimmie28

RCTalk Addict
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Crawling
I've been absent for quite some time. Been going through things and got myself a non rc project. I bought a 2004 yamaha raptor 660r basket case. Here's how I got it and how it looks today. Some of my collection will be coming up for sale to raise the money to finish my raptor. Please let's make this happen for me and let's make some deals as I won't just give things away. Side note I traded the felony for the raptor.
20220825_133907.jpg
20220928_160418.jpg

Nice. At first glace I thought it had a 50cc motor. Had to click and see the top end missing.

I always wanted an atv. Being how only Yamaha makes them, thats where I would go. When I was in school years ago, my dad almost bought 2 atvs for the family. One was a last year all black 2006 Banshee at the dealer.

I vote gixxer 1000 motor. 😁 seen a 750cc banshee in person, even rode with them to the stunt spot. All she did was spin.

Nice. At first glace I thought it had a 50cc motor. Had to click and see the top end missing.

I always wanted an atv. Being how only Yamaha makes them, thats where I would go. When I was in school years ago, my dad almost bought 2 atvs for the family. One was a last year all black 2006 Banshee at the dealer.

I vote gixxer 1000 motor. 😁 seen a 750cc banshee in person, even rode with them to the stunt spot. All she did was spin.
Yamaha are the only ones worth riding imo. My brother in law has a 2005 kawasaki kfx450r.

Yamaha are the only ones worth riding imo. My brother in law has a 2005 kawasaki kfx450r.
Kfx450r came out 07 for the 08 year. My boy had 2 first models, unless your talking about the dirtbike.

Those atvs went to bitholo for break in. Bounced off the rev limiter, in mud over the seat and they road both with the parking brake on.

The one had sensor issues like crazy. They both had nice balance points.

Only yamaha I've been on is a 200cc blaster. Before and after a race kit.

Whats your plans on the Raptor?

@Chubaka your correct. He has a 400. Glad to see you guys again @Tunedpipe and @Doom! My only atv before this was a beat down 80s yamaha 225dx three wheeler I traded a pair of tires for. And that was in 92. Plans for the raptor are pretty basic as I'm just going basically stock with a big bore kit on it. Other than than just ride the snot out of it. My wife is wanting to get a utility atv so we can start riding together but that's a ways down the trail.

I've been absent for quite some time. Been going through things and got myself a non rc project. I bought a 2004 yamaha raptor 660r basket case. Here's how I got it and how it looks today. Some of my collection will be coming up for sale to raise the money to finish my raptor. Please let's make this happen for me and let's make some deals as I won't just give things away. Side note I traded the felony for the raptor. View attachment 154365View attachment 154366
I had one of those, as well as a Grizzly 660 (mainly for winter use and work), along with several Polaris ATV's, and friends had Honda, Kawasaki, and Can-Am and i would pick Yamaha over most anything else every time. Every Polaris i had seemed to need constant maintenance, but my often neglected Grizzly just kept going and going. Honda's seemed, at least to me, need the most maintenance, and Can-Am seemed almost as bad as Polaris. I had a Polaris 500 4X4 that blew the motor if you looked at it wrong, and a 330 Xpress that quit when it felt like it, but would run fine an hour later, but, with the Yamaha's, the only time i hurt one was a 660R that i missed a shift and massively over revved it in snow. The rooster tails were epic though until it quit (Disclaimer: even though i know this isnt the smartest idea, alcohol may or may not have been involved).

Thanks @Greywolf74. I'm excited about this project but I'm at the expensive parts of it. It needs alot. I'm surprised at the prices on some of the parts as they shouldn't have been too expensive but thats the way these hobbies roll lol.

Thanks @Greywolf74. I'm excited about this project but I'm at the expensive parts of it. It needs alot. I'm surprised at the prices on some of the parts as they shouldn't have been too expensive but thats the way these hobbies roll lol.
I saw an akro mills 64 drawer parts organizer today on Amazon for $70. I'm pretty sure I paid $35 ea for the ones I already have. I was like "SERIOUSLY?! $70 for some plastic???" 😭