New Losi 8ight... What Motor?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lavae

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Hey All,
Just got my Losi 8IGHT a week ago and have it all put together now. I am wondering about motors now... Do I wait for the "Trinity Platinum .21 Draked Edition" (Available to me in 3 weeks! So long to wait) or is there another .21 in the same price range that I could be happy with?

how much is it? Pretty hard to beat a Vspec for the $ or the Radical 621T is an awesome mill too.

Thanks for the feedback. I checked out the motors you guys suggested and settled in on the V-Spec. Did the break-in/heat cycle this afternoon and started the fine tuning tonight. I have to say... DAMN! It has more than expected. It smokes my XTM 457 Savage!

So it's off to the track on tuesday night. I'll let you know how it goes.

L8RS

Most high ends 21's will easily beat larger displacement motors due to the fact they can are tuned for higher RPM's whereas the lower end like 457 is made for grunt. Not knocking the engine it just does not stand up to engines like the V-Spec on the track. I have to say the V-Spec is a great mill. What's crazy is that the OS Speed v-spec is said to be much faster.

I actually was looking at the OS Speed, it was just out of my price range. Not only is it supposed to be wicked fast it looks good too. For $500 I would expect an amazing mill.

So.....How did it go? Any issues with the 8 so far? My friend just bought the RTR vesion 2 days ago and already had both rear dog bone pins come out in the rear axles and the front driveline pin come out. Crazy!!! But is pretty fast even with the 427 in it. I am sure the V-spec is even faster, but we do not race, just race against each other. Best bang for the buck. I might be buying one tomorrow (RTR as well)