New Hyper 7 Engine

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nitro Nerd

Gone - bye bye.
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Racing
I'm replacing the O.S. .25xz in my D8T with a new engine, so decided it would be pretty aweome to put the O.S. in our OFNA/Hobao Hyper 7 TQ sport (to replace the Mac* .28).

I did a "dry fit" and everthing looked fine. Has anyone on here put an aftermarket engine on this model (or its variants)? The flywheel opening is a good size and the engine mounts are pretty configurable. Of course as you all know there are often some "gotchas" and wanting to be prepared as possible. I'm confident this won't overload the powertrain...but would love to hear any and all engine setups on this buggy.

Thanks

99% sure it'll be absolutely fine. My Hyper 7 takes so much abuse and is still running strong.

99% sure it'll be absolutely fine. My Hyper 7 takes so much abuse and is still running strong.

Hey thanks for the reply. I'm going to test the engine on in it in a week or so. I can't wait! The mounts are pain, but I like the way they are adjustable. The flywheel cut-out is obese, so don't anticipate too many problems (but there is always something).

Hey thanks for the reply. I'm going to test the engine on in it in a week or so. I can't wait! The mounts are pain, but I like the way they are adjustable. The flywheel cut-out is obese, so don't anticipate too many problems (but there is always something).

Yeah it should be fine. I just need a new OWB and a rx pack and then I can drive mine again.

Cool. Are you running the stock engine? One tip about the rx....if you get a Spektrum (which I use) it will be a tight fit. I did not realize how small the stock rx is. ;-(