New fuel tank with 2.5R

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andydrew39219

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
So, I have been thinking about my runtimes with my current setup and I can't imagine they will get any better with the 2.5r. Should I get a bigger fuel tank? I read that the Tmaxx fuel tank fits in the stampede. But then I also read that the Tmaxx tank has some kind of leaning issue. I have been putting some thought into it and since I upgraded to 2.4Ghz I have the micro receiver and I can place that in a different spot on the chassis for more room. Should I just do some sort of 2 tank setup? What do you guys think?

If the tmaxx tank fits then I would suggest the proline runtime tank that's 25 percent larger and needs no modification needed for it to fit. With my tmaxx with the OS .18, I'm getting ten minutes plus of runtime.

Yeah I think the chassis needs to be slightly modified for the Tmaxx tank but since the Tmaxx tank fits the proline tank should fit right? Can anyone shed any light on the situation? Also have you ever had any leaning/tuning issues with the tank?

You are talking about this tank, correct?
http://prolineracing.com/accessories/runtime-fuel-tank/

The proline runtime tank is just taller. All the other dimensions are the same. I believe its 160cc or so and the stocker is 125cc. It comes with new fuel lines as well.

Well, I have plenty of space as far as height goes. I cannot remember what you have to do to the chassis for the Tmaxx tank but on some forum a guy said he zip-tied his in and it worked fine. So, it's probably just punching a couple more holes for screws. If that's the case I'll take it to the local boat yard and use their drill press.

In all my years of running my tmaxx, I've never had the stock or the proline tank run lean on me. I know it's common in the savage and the mgt but have not heard it about the tmaxx.

In all my years of running a TMaxx I have never had a stock tank not lean out on me, and I know many others that experience the same issue. It is much more apparent in the TMaxx with the stock tank than in the Savage. The Pro-line runtime tank is even worse than the stock tank in both leaning and durability. The taller design of the pro line tank is more apt to crack the mounting legs than the stock tank which itself is prone to it.
I would look for an alternative lower profile tank with a little more capacity than the stock Pede tank before using the Maxx or Pro-line Lean time tanks...

I agree, the proline tank is absolute garbage. I'd mount up an Ofna violator and enjoy the consistant reliable performance that it offers. I may hold 5cc less, but it's well worth it.....and it's not hard to fill the tank on a t-maxx.

Can't imagine it would be too hard fitting an OFNA tank on there:
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXBM24&P=7

I really liked that tank. Not sure what size the stock tank is. I used to run that in my t-maxx when I had it as I kept busting the legs on the stock tank. I went through 4 or 5 of them before giving up and seeking out an alternate. I currently run that OFNA tank on my savage X since I run a 4 shock setup, I have the room.

Just need to use some hollow tube and a couple long bolts/nuts for legs. Or a piece of flat stock bent like a wide U. That's what I did when I put it on my t-maxx, you can kind of see it here:
2004-0518-SMaxx-exhaustsidehigh.JPG

Can't believe that was 8 years ago... Oh the things I've learned since then. :)

Last edited: