New ebay purchase- Micro-T!

• Thread starter Backtothefuture
  • Start date

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Backtothefuture

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
I couldn't help myself... won this a week ago on ebay and arrived today. Came with the original receiver and quick charger also.
Appears in good working order it, seems barely used! Just for some fun around the house- also satisfying for me to have this and the original mini-t.

Its brill.

Only annoying thing is it came with the wrong battery, which doesn't fit the compartment.

I found this one which looks ok, wondered if anyone had any experience with them/that it will fit?

https://www.modelsport.co.uk/dynamite-4-8v-150mah-nimh-pack-1-24-4wd-temper/rc-car-products/397254

BTTF

Attachments

• IMG_4004.jpg
    IMG_4004.jpg
    211.3 KB · Views: 88
  • IMG_4005.jpg
    IMG_4005.jpg
    171.9 KB · Views: 79
here is my current solution :hehe:

Attachments

• IMG_4008.jpg
    IMG_4008.jpg
    176.3 KB · Views: 85
back I dont see the bungee cord or ziptie..o cut a hole in body window to run plug to electronics the glue it to roof...

I think that pack was for the micro desert truck or the micro sct. The micro-t had very little room on it. I converted mine to a micro high roller, cut out the chassis a bit, dropped the 2.4ghz board down in the pocket in the chassis and velcro'd a 2S lipo to the top of it. It has a stupid amount of upgrades on it though... been a really long time since I had it when it was "normal". lol!

Even then, it wasn't very normal as I made a saddle pack out of 4 rechargeable AAA's and taped them to it in similar fashion:
2008-1124-MicroTWAAAsLeft.jpg

The thing seemed to run forever, poor little motor would get up to 150-160F.

You may be better off getting the 2s lipo for it:
https://www.walmart.com/ip/LiPo-Charger-Battery-MicroT-B-DT-Multi-Colored/37293210

Or one like it. Lighter, decent run time, flatter power curve over the charge.

Ooooh thank you!

Do you have pics of your upgraded one? I have been driving it round the house today, it really is a lot of fun!

My mini-t is pretty much wholly upgraded, I could see myself adding a few bits to this- if I can still find any anywhere that is!

Defo want to add some better shocks.

Love that pic of yours!

I know it may sound silly but I want to figure out a way to fit a bigger battery under the shell (upgrades) or just buy a stock one to fit in the compartment. I really like the clean look of it with the shell unencumbered. Matches my Mini-T :)

BTTF

No, I get you. I was ok with it looking stupid for a long time, then when I wanted to change it to a high roller, I didn't want it to look so dumb. I think that's when I went with the 2S lipo velcro'd to the top deck with the esc/receiver board buried in the battery area. With the body on, it looked normal. Well... mostly normal...
2019-1123-MicroT-SideBody.jpg

2019-0521-MicroHighRoller-Side.jpg

2019-0521-MicroHighRoller-top.jpg

I guess I did run the 4AAA pack on it at first, that's when I moved the receiver/esc into the battery area:
2010-0109-MicroHR-ServoConnectorSide.jpg

Covered the end of the board/plug with some shoegoo type stuff to keep cat hair/fuzz out of it:
2010-0109-MicroHR-ServoConnectorSideGlued.jpg

Glued the battery door shut and strapped the 4 cell pack on there:
2010-0109-MicroHR-BatteryOn-Side.jpg

2010-0109-MicroHR-BatteryOn-Top.jpg

The extra weight made it run hot though and 4AAA's didn't have the punch a 2S lipo did. I put a brushless motor on it most recetly... should have stuck with the brushed as it had more low end which is what I want for running around the house anyway. If I think about it, I'll put the old DT motor back on or try the old Atomic bb again.

The best upgrades I did to it where the trans case with bearings for the input shaft and the micro-sct diff mod to get rid of those tiny tiny brass gears and plastic output gears. For a really long time, I had a locked diff with JB weld because I was tired of the diff gears blowing teeth after 5 minutes. But ever since the MSCT diff mod, it's never had an issue again. I haven't had that trans case open in a few years, but I don't run it that much anymore. Usually when I'm jonesing for some RC in the winter or on a rainy day.

I got the micro-sct thinking it would be good in the house, but it's too big/fast really. Perhaps if I put a brushed motor it in it would slow it down... but for some reason, the 2.4ghz board in it won't bind with my DX5C... :(

My wife got me an axial scx24. I've been tinkering with that in the house. I'd like it if it were a bit faster, but for what it's for, it's geared well. I'm just so used to the stupid micro-hr blowing through the house, I had to drop the throttle to about 70% just to make it controllable.

Holy mods batman, that looks awesome!

Did you flip the gearbox/motor up to? Love the pick up bodyshell, looks so good & the tyres.

No, I get you. I was ok with it looking stupid for a long time, then when I wanted to change it to a high roller, I didn't want it to look so dumb. I think that's when I went with the 2S lipo velcro'd to the top deck with the esc/receiver board buried in the battery area. With the body on, it looked normal. Well... mostly normal...
2019-1123-MicroT-SideBody.jpg

2019-0521-MicroHighRoller-Side.jpg

2019-0521-MicroHighRoller-top.jpg

I guess I did run the 4AAA pack on it at first, that's when I moved the receiver/esc into the battery area:
2010-0109-MicroHR-ServoConnectorSide.jpg

Covered the end of the board/plug with some shoegoo type stuff to keep cat hair/fuzz out of it:
2010-0109-MicroHR-ServoConnectorSideGlued.jpg

Glued the battery door shut and strapped the 4 cell pack on there:
2010-0109-MicroHR-BatteryOn-Side.jpg

2010-0109-MicroHR-BatteryOn-Top.jpg

The extra weight made it run hot though and 4AAA's didn't have the punch a 2S lipo did. I put a brushless motor on it most recetly... should have stuck with the brushed as it had more low end which is what I want for running around the house anyway. If I think about it, I'll put the old DT motor back on or try the old Atomic bb again.

The best upgrades I did to it where the trans case with bearings for the input shaft and the micro-sct diff mod to get rid of those tiny tiny brass gears and plastic output gears. For a really long time, I had a locked diff with JB weld because I was tired of the diff gears blowing teeth after 5 minutes. But ever since the MSCT diff mod, it's never had an issue again. I haven't had that trans case open in a few years, but I don't run it that much anymore. Usually when I'm jonesing for some RC in the winter or on a rainy day.

I got the micro-sct thinking it would be good in the house, but it's too big/fast really. Perhaps if I put a brushed motor it in it would slow it down... but for some reason, the 2.4ghz board in it won't bind with my DX5C... :(

That's how the high roller is built. Same trans case, just oriented differently to help with the higher center ground clearance. Might have a different motor plate too now that I think about it. I believe the micro raminator was similar. I have the tires from that too, but they are larger OD and make it run hotter. The tires/wheels on it are from the micro DT I think, I had those already for my micro-T, I just mounted them backwards to add more width, so you don't see the nice black-chrome wheel, but at least it doesn't flip over as easy.

Ahhh I see. Didn't realise they were slightly different on the chassis set up. It does look really good.

The only other thing I want to change on mine is make the shocks a bit stronger, they sink too much with the weight of the battery for my liking. Other than that, I am actually 'happy' with it stock! Perfect fun for some indoor timewasting haha.

That's how the high roller is built. Same trans case, just oriented differently to help with the higher center ground clearance. I think the micro raminator was similar. The tires are from the micro DT, I had those already for my micro-T, I just mounted them backwards to add more width, so you don't see the nice black-chrome wheel, but at least it doesn't flip over as easy.