New DHK Zombie slipping gears

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RMA

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Hello,
I'm new to the page and quiet new to the hobby.
Got some experience with cars and medium experience with RC's at this point.

Received a DHK Zombie yesterday. Had more upgrades then what the listing said.
Now I noticed there's a little play between the pinion and the spur gear.
When I give it full power it slips one time, then goes.
When it's against a wall and you give it power, you hear that it's slipping and will not go (same as going over a steeper obstacle).

I'm at a loss with my limited knowledge and hope someone here might have some advice for me....

Attachments

• 16150408765941649206086364992154.jpg
    16150408765941649206086364992154.jpg
    278.6 KB · Views: 85
does it have a slipper clutch? if yes tighten the nut make it a 1/8 turn tighter.. if pinion and spur arent meshed correct then that also could be issue correct gear mesh I se the small piece of paper .loosen motor mount then slide gears closer . put piece of paper between gears 1st thats the way to keep gear mesh correct,

after looking at your model I see you will have to loosen the 4 screws holding the motor mount in place in order do a correct gear mesh.. Id also put 2 pieces of duct tape on underside of chassis so it protects screw heads..

after looking at your model I see you will have to loosen the 4 screws holding the motor mount in place in order do a correct gear mesh.. Id also put 2 pieces of duct tape on underside of chassis so it protects screw heads..
Thanks for the reply! I set the mesh and it's good. Does not have a slipper clutch as far as I'm aware.

Did notice I can turn the spur gear quite a lot before the wheels start moving. Can turn it about 50% either way before it grabs to go forward or backwards.

Thanks for the tip on protecting the screws on the bottom ?

sound like issue with main diff.. Id contact seller and ask for new main diff..should engage with 1 tooth movement at spur and and pinion..

Contacted the seller, they recognized the issue and are sending me a fully new center diff and motor pinion ??

Glad to hear this. Some sellers arent that cool about it.

Update!
Got a new, plastic, diff and pinion gear. Installed both, but same result unfortunately.
Added a video below to demonstrate the issue. Anyone got a clue? Getting to the point where I'm thinking about giving up....

how did you set backlash of pinion and spur? sound to me like gear mesh is way to tight... most use 1 piece of writing paper and push gears together and slowly turn a tire by hand then lock motor in place I think there's a few youtube videos on this

Back