new beast motor TP5670

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bande1

RC Newbie
Reaction score
someone gifted me a bunch of boat hulls that had been crashed. so I've been fixing this one up the past month or so. its an Aeromarine sprintcat 42" and beast of a hull in person. the pics dont do it justice. well I tried a 4092 and it promptly overheated. So I got mad and put a BEAST in it. a TP Power 4070. That did pretty good. But I realized I need more motor still.

TP4070 on the right, a 10hp - 7,500w peak motor that measures 40mm x 107mm long.

IMG_20230727_100524.jpg

on the left is the new motor. a TP 5670 monster. yeah shes a pop can size beast. 12,000w peak.

IMG_20230727_095857.jpg

will be running 12s. Never ran this high of voltage or this size motor. so fingers crossed it performs like I hope!

IMG_20230728_112156.jpg

Welcome to the site. What's the dimensions of that boat?

You can run a fire engine pump with that. 🤪🤣

Welcome to the site. What's the dimensions of that boat?

You can run a fire engine pump with that. 🤪🤣
I made a new account. I forgot my login. its 42" long about 15" wide. Just got back from the lake. I destroyed a 1/4 flex shaft. the shaft had been previously overheated from a loose collet though. blew one of my data logging shunts. and destroyed a brand new lipo jumping it to its own post as trying to series the packs together. then hobbled together what little I had left and put the main prop on it. a Prather S230. it torgue steers into a 1/4 mi circle even with +18 left trim. with the throttle speed on 10/100 the boat flipped from sheer torque coming out of a corner at 50mph then going from 50%-100% throttle with the end point on 90%.

the motor is literally scary...

Back