New/1st car on the way! Need accessory tips

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dandm69

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Just purchased my first hobby grade RC and am almost starting from scratch for tools, accessories and such.i was looking to purchase an arrma talion 6s but came across a deal too good to pass up.

What I ordered - brand new JLB Cheetah 120a version for $185 TOTAL! Comes with balance charger, 4000mah 3s lipo, and RTR car.
-brand new DHK Zombie for $200 total! Comes with 3s lipo, charger and RTR car. (Backup or may sell, undecided)

*Banggood has $150 coupons that you can grab, hence the great deals

What I have - body clips, basic tools, lipo safe bag and that's basically it...

What I currently am planning on picking up - 60 and 90w shock oil. (Team losi)
Spray plasti dip (to waterproof servo and receiver)
Udder butter waterproof grease (something else better?)
This battery - https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07CWS1HC...colid=QJ1BKM983RQF&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it
This charger - Tenergy tb6-b (I have credit to use on rakuten)

Anything additional or different that I should be looking for tools wise, lubricant, cleaner etc? I am located in Minnesota if that changes maintenance or recommendations...

Thanks in advance for any help!

Last edited:
Congrats on the purchase. I don't know much about your vehicle at all but look into some good quality sealed bearings. Have a look at Fast Eddy's or Avid as they sell bearing kits for most models. Other things you may want to consider is a good soldering iron, good hex drivers. I only can recommend MIPs, I have their power drivers and hand drivers

Thanks, it looks like Eddy's does have the bearings. I have hex drivers but not sure if I have the correct sizes, I will see when they arrive.

Thanks, it looks like Eddy's does have the bearings. I have hex drivers but not sure if I have the correct sizes, I will see when they arrive.
should need 1.5mm, 2.0mm, 2.5mm, and sometimes 3.0mm. then 5mm socket, 5.5mm socket and 7mm socket, maybe 8mm as well.
i will second getting a good set of hex drivers like MIP, Dynamite, or i think Hudy makes good ones. regular hex drivers will work ok at first, but the coating wears off and they start deforming, stripping tons of screws. which can damage parts worth more than the cost of a good driver.
just because, i would grab a temp gun as well, its just a good thing to monitor. i know its already rtr but just for that random off chance it starts overheating.
past that think you got it covered.

should need 1.5mm, 2.0mm, 2.5mm, and sometimes 3.0mm. then 5mm socket, 5.5mm socket and 7mm socket, maybe 8mm as well.
i will second getting a good set of hex drivers like MIP, Dynamite, or i think Hudy makes good ones. regular hex drivers will work ok at first, but the coating wears off and they start deforming, stripping tons of screws. which can damage parts worth more than the cost of a good driver.
just because, i would grab a temp gun as well, its just a good thing to monitor. i know its already rtr but just for that random off chance it starts overheating.
past that think you got it covered.

Thanks for the sizes,I didn't have and ordered for when the RC arrives

You got them by now and are into it - I had a zombie, fun but fragile. Shudda gone Talion bro - you will eventually!!!
All rcs need upgrading - difference is the cheaper ones STILL break every other outing and there arent enough upgrades to fix all the flaws.
Bearings are bearings man, replace as needed...any apec 3 sealed from china direct will do a great job (thats where they all come from!).
Save your money for the next truck - a used talion, or slash,with a big fat long motor and esc! (oh and name brands parts are not always worth the money) just my 2c :)

Just purchased my first hobby grade RC and am almost starting from scratch for tools, accessories and such.i was looking to purchase an arrma talion 6s but came across a deal too good to pass up.

What I ordered - brand new JLB Cheetah 120a version for $185 TOTAL! Comes with balance charger, 4000mah 3s lipo, and RTR car.
-brand new DHK Zombie for $200 total! Comes with 3s lipo, charger and RTR car. (Backup or may sell, undecided)

This battery - https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07CWS1HC...colid=QJ1BKM983RQF&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

Anything additional or different that I should be looking for tools wise, lubricant, cleaner etc? I am located in Minnesota if that changes maintenance or recommendations...

How did you find the $150 coupon? awesome pickups BTW! How do they run? I was considering both!

I have gotten by on 1/10 and 1/8 cars with only 2.0mm, 2.5mm MIP wrenches. Then I use the cheaper wrenches on the other stuff. Those 2.0 and 2.5mm sizes are the key players and often the ones that get lock-tite.

Once you have a week or 2 experience with the RC give us some feedback on it. That price is killer, even just to grab the electronics off of it ;)

Hi can I ask something about the battery? What do you recommend?
Thanks in advance.
Ruben

always good to have more than one so that when you are waiting for parts for a broken car you still have something to run. and you can enter more race classes.