New 1/10 Crawler Arrived

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Addict Rc

Hardcore RCTalk User
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
It arrived in a box you could fit 2 people in typical amazon yes I did get a sponsorship to review it and it’s awesome also a true RTR with your AA battery’s for $350 or $325 for different colored body it’s awesome preforms great has a winch & led lights dumbo RC radio I love the radio probably will switch all the cars over to it great truck also got some snow today so I took it out

DFCC429C-8A7C-4190-96AC-ED0A9D66773C.jpeg

886285BC-F322-4947-8845-5EABD785F8F0.jpeg

The box

Attachments

• 357335A5-B734-42C8-8F49-4918E427259E.jpeg
    357335A5-B734-42C8-8F49-4918E427259E.jpeg
    220.1 KB · Views: 22
Back in the day Chinese cars use to be cheap. Long time ago I bought acme trooper 4wd brushless sort course for 115$ no radio. Hobbyking use to sell it under their brand too. Long story short, handling was awesome but lacked durability and reliability. Waste of money, I wish I bought used slash instead but at least on the paper, 115$ vs 400$+ for Traxxas slash sounded like a good deal.

This days it seems that Chinese brands are making either tiny cheap cars, or expensive regular 10 scales. Not too many 10 scale cars that are reasonably priced. I have a feeling that they are trying to take advantage of new people who have no experience and knowledge instead of making decent but cheap 10 scale. In 16 scale there seems to be less competition from big brands and Chinese dominate the market. I do have couple 16 scale cars, but I don't enjoy driving them, my favorite scale is 10

Back in the day Chinese cars use to be cheap. Long time ago I bought acme trooper 4wd brushless sort course for 115$ no radio. Hobbyking use to sell it under their brand too. Long story short, handling was awesome but lacked durability and reliability. Waste of money, I wish I bought used slash instead but at least on the paper, 115$ vs 400$+ for Traxxas slash sounded like a good deal.

This days it seems that Chinese brands are making either tiny cheap cars, or expensive regular 10 scales. Not too many 10 scale cars that are reasonably priced. I have a feeling that they are trying to take advantage of new people who have no experience and knowledge instead of making decent but cheap 10 scale. In 16 scale there seems to be less competition from big brands and Chinese dominate the market. I do have couple 16 scale cars, but I don't enjoy driving them, my favorite scale is 10
Honestly I think $300 is perfect for this car some reviews also said the SCX10 parts where interchangeable if they are that’s a huge bonus because this is a true RTR not like all the other RTR* (with your own battery & charger )
Looks pretty nice, till you zoom in, Body seems flimsy. Lotta features for the money tho
Correct the body is flimsy but when it rolls it’s not bad because the tops reinforced with the roof rack which is also a realistic feature

Honestly I think $300 is perfect for this car some reviews also said the SCX10 parts where interchangeable if they are that’s a huge bonus because this is a true RTR not like all the other RTR* (with your own battery & charger )

Correct the body is flimsy but when it rolls it’s not bad because the tops reinforced with the roof rack which is also a realistic feature
This is 2023 not 2003. No one wants nimh battery especially not in a crawler. I don't see that someone will chose no name Chinese rc instead of Traxxas trx4 sport just because it comes with nimh battery. Btw, a lot of the reviews on Amazon said that battery doesn't even hold charge
The only thing that I like about it is the only thing I don't like about Traxxas trx4. Linkage seems to be made out of aluminum. It may not be as strong as steel but should not rust. Traxxas links are made out of steel so when they get scratched they can rust. But it can be easily prevented by spraying wd,40

Last edited:
English is not my first language but nothing gives me more confidence to spend 340$ when I see spelling of the company.

Also advertisement for "top heavy" feature with two rear mounted batteries is funny. I thought low cg, front bias weight helps performance

Screenshot_20230115-171750~2.png

81UkgEiS4mL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Also advertisement for "top heavy" feature with two rear mounted batteries is funny. I thought low cg, front bias weight helps performance

They are clearly ahead of their time, you’ll look back and realize the genius of the design when they take over Horizon Hobby or is it Hobee,…. Either way you heard it here first

Personally, I feel this should be about a $250 crawler. When I was deciding on my first 1/10 crawler, about 2 years ago, this rig was $300. So, it really wasn't a hard choice to go with the Redcat Gen8v2 which was $379.

Personally, I feel this should be about a $250 crawler. When I was deciding on my first 1/10 crawler, about 2 years ago, this rig was $300. So, it really wasn't a hard choice to go with the Redcat Gen8v2 which was $379.
I don't have any redcat rc, and no urge of. Buying one since I have way too many rcs but I worked on couple of them helping my friend who had a mild stroke so he is still recovering. They are decent cars for the price and good support.

Gen7 sport looks quite nice for 229$ crawler. Low cg design. Central mounted motor instead of side mounted. Front mounted battery, it also has plastic beadlock rims that can we very helpful if tires get wet. Even if they are the same price I would chose redcat

egen7-s10_1200x1200.jpg

Last edited:
Yes $250 would be great price but if your not looking to be crazy into the hobby get the $320 option and a lipo & charger still cheaper than a TRX4 sport not including battery and charger

The thing that bugs me the most is that grill decal. :oops: just the wrong shape for the front end.

I am curious to see how this holds up. Just make sure you give it an objective review, it benefits the company when they know what needs improving, and it helps potential buyers. Remember you are a reviewer not a salesman.

I don't have any redcat rc, and no urge of. Buying one since I have way too many rcs but I worked on couple of them helping my friend who had a mild stroke so he is still recovering. They are decent cars for the price and good support.

Gen7 sport looks quite nice for 229$ crawler. Low cg design. Central mounted motor instead of side mounted. Front mounted battery, it also has plastic beadlock rims that can we very helpful if tires get wet. Even if they are the same price I would chose redcat

View attachment 158421
Wow the redcat is like bare bones
The thing that bugs me the most is that grill decal. :oops: just the wrong shape for the front end.

I am curious to see how this holds up.
It’s held up good so far and I might have it might have not hit a tree full speed 😐

I was thinking the exact same thing, but was keeping my comments to myself. But now that you brought it up, that grille decal sucks! 🤣

Not terrible, is 100% a trail truck not a true crawler, little sister hit about 25 trees with it and broke the servo mount, the winch hook fell off but other than that not bad
What is the difference between trail truck and crawler?